+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Request: Canadian Embassy, Manila

breech

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
Finally!!, I got my immigrant visa today... The embassy did not grant my working permit anymore...

Thanks to everyone..

orange

Jan 30, 2009
hi,i would also like to inquire.i ws nominated and on the process of preparing all our documents for PR.based on the checklist,they only need the cic forms,birth cert,police clearance,fee....for provincial nominee,they dont need educational transcripts,diploma,work experience.i have all these documents but im not sure if i have to include them since they are not in the checklist for provincial nominees....i also have an NBI but no thumbmark since i am here in canada.i have 2 previous NBIs with thumbmarks,would that be ok?or would they eturn my application since i dont hv thumbmark on the latest copy?hope u could help me.thanks

tessv106

Jan 13, 2009
hi orange,
if your new nbi is with you, then just put your thumbmark in your nbi,,i assume you are a filipino coz thats how we call our police clearance certificates.

my friends and my hubby submitted their application,,and attached documents which the checklist asked.The other one got his PR already,he applied on Feb.2009,,another friend got his AOR and medical request,she applied last May 2009. And they all followed what the checklist asked them to do.

Goodluck on your apllication

orange

Jan 30, 2009
yap a filipino here.;) my NBI is not wd me.i sent an authorization letter to my spouse and he was able to get a recent copy.it's just that i dont want hm to send it back here in canada to have my thumbprint and send it back again in d philippines.we dont have a consulate or embassy here in nova scotia thats why i did not have the finger prints....congratulations to the new PRs.so ur saying that they did not include their transcript of records,diploma,certificate of employment anymore?im hoping i could lodge my application this week if im sure with my NBI already...one more thing,my family in d philippines had their medical on april 2009 when they applied for TRV(but were denied),would that be valid for PR medical?

tessv106

Jan 13, 2009
hi orange,
they did not include those documents you just mention.Again, just to make it clear, they applied for PR under Provincial Nominee. Once you get your NBI, then you may proceed with your PR application.

I'm not really sure how about the medicals. But one thing I know is that medicals expire after a year. I'll keep you posted if i get some info. regarding medicals.

GODBLESS us all.

And by the way, you may pay the landing fee together with your PR application,as this may avoid some delays in your papers.

tess

orange

Jan 30, 2009
nice to know ur always chekin ds forum.i hope it goes well for r families.hv u lodged ur application already?...i dont wnt to pay d landing fee yet.maybe f we get approved;)

popli

Sep 2, 2009
Re: Passport Request: Canadian Embassy, india

hello dear
i received the passport request from the new delhi embassy(india) on the 14th august 2009.....i sent it on the 17th auguast and it takes 2 days to reach the embassy by speed post.....at that time my application was IN PROCESS...i was worried as the status didnt change in those days(14th to 20th august)...bt today the status has changed to DECISION MADE...and in that column is written that we have received ur medical reports.a decision has made on ur aplication.we will contact u concerning the decision...m afraid wats goin on.....wud they call me on my mobile or they will conduct an interview????plz help
thanks

J1visa

Star Member
Jul 5, 2009
nothing, CHC will send your PP and PR visa to you soon. That is the normal message for everyone.

miguelito25

Sep 23, 2009
we sent our passports last july 22 2009, its been 2 mos and still not returned hope there's no problem getting worried already

pia13

Sep 22, 2009
hi miguelito25, when did u underwent ur medical? and how many months did it take before u receive ur ppr after undergoing medical? thanks..