+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Request and Virtual Landing Doubt

HuiHui123

Mar 25, 2021
Hi, my PR application has been ongoing since May 2018 and today I receive an email from IRCC about the instructions to send in my passport and photos. I'm not the principal but rather the child dependent. The Visa Office in charge is located in Hong Kong

1. Does this mean that my PR application is approved?
  2. It states that if the principal applicant and/or its dependents is/are in Canada currently, they don't have to send in their passport as they will do virtual landing. What does this mean and how does it work?
  3. I currently have a study permit and wonder what will happen to it if (1) and/or (2) is true
  4. What are my next steps if (2) does indeed happen and I completed it before the principal applicant?
  5. So the principal applicant and the sponsored spouse is overseas but I am in Canada. How will this affect the issuing of COPR?
  6. My parents have told IRCC via webform that I'm currently in Canada. How long will IRCC get back to this and how will it affect the application?

Sneha Anthony

May 31, 2019
Hi, my PR application has been ongoing since May 2018 and today I receive an email from IRCC about the instructions to send in my passport and photos. I'm not the principal but rather the child dependent. The Visa Office in charge is located in Hong Kong

1. Does this mean that my PR application is approved?
  2. It states that if the principal applicant and/or its dependents is/are in Canada currently, they don't have to send in their passport as they will do virtual landing. What does this mean and how does it work?
  3. I currently have a study permit and wonder what will happen to it if (1) and/or (2) is true
  4. What are my next steps if (2) does indeed happen and I completed it before the principal applicant?
  5. So the principal applicant and the sponsored spouse is overseas but I am in Canada. How will this affect the issuing of COPR?
  6. My parents have told IRCC via webform that I'm currently in Canada. How long will IRCC get back to this and how will it affect the application?
Hi I am currently in similar situation could you please share how did you move ahead. Thanks