+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport renewal after PCC

SruthiN

Aug 21, 2023
Hi all,

I got ITA recently through Express Entry and have time upto Nov end to submit the application. I also got my PCC done a week ago. However, I want to renew my passport now as there is more than 1 month time for application and my passport expires in a year.

As I already got my PCC done, will it be a problem? If not, then how do I let them know in my application that my passport had renewed after PCC?

Thanks in advance.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi all,

I got ITA recently through Express Entry and have time upto Nov end to submit the application. I also got my PCC done a week ago. However, I want to renew my passport now as there is more than 1 month time for application and my passport expires in a year.

As I already got my PCC done, will it be a problem? If not, then how do I let them know in my application that my passport had renewed after PCC?

Thanks in advance.
Unless there is an urgent need to renew passport, I would wait till submitting PR Application

ARstar

Oct 4, 2023
I also need to renew my passport. I am waiting or the eCORP since one month. The need to renew passport is important as my surname changed. Should I wait until I get the PR card or should I renew the passport in the mean time so that I don't need to renew my PR card.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
I also need to renew my passport. I am waiting or the eCORP since one month. The need to renew passport is important as my surname changed. Should I wait until I get the PR card or should I renew the passport in the mean time so that I don't need to renew my PR card.
You should inform IRCC first and make sure the CoPR has the right name
Else apply for amending the same

ARstar

Oct 4, 2023
You should inform IRCC first and make sure the CoPR has the right name
Else apply for amending the same
We should inform the IRCC after getting the new passport. Right? I have just submitted the application for the renewal of the passport today and it may take 2 months to get the new one. If I get the eCORP and PR card before that then ofocurse, I need to renew the PR card, but if not then I need to inform the IRCC as soon as I get new passport.
Am I right?