+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport is returned, but no VISA anywhere?!

kyungsam3

Oct 29, 2012
Hi guys,

So I finally got my passport back today from the Cdn Consulate General in Detroit. The envelope contained my passport, some instructions, and COPR (Confirmation of Permanant Residence) documents.

However, I am really confused because there is no sign of visa issuance anywhere. It is not stamped on my passport.

One more thing is that my money order ($490) was also returned in the envelope.

I am sure that my application has been accepted since I got the COPR and it is telling me to book an appointment with the Immigration office or "land" by going out of Canada and come back.

Did the officer make a mistake? Has anyone experienced this issue? Any issues, any advice?

Much appreciated.

Ken

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Can you pls. share us your timelines. When did u receive your passport request? When did you send your passport to Detroit? I read from other thread that you forgot to enclosed a return prepaid envelope.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kyungsam3 said:
Hi guys,

So I finally got my passport back today from the Cdn Consulate General in Detroit. The envelope contained my passport, some instructions, and COPR (Confirmation of Permanant Residence) documents.

However, I am really confused because there is no sign of visa issuance anywhere. It is not stamped on my passport.

One more thing is that my money order ($490) was also returned in the envelope.

I am sure that my application has been accepted since I got the COPR and it is telling me to book an appointment with the Immigration office or "land" by going out of Canada and come back.

Did the officer make a mistake? Has anyone experienced this issue? Any issues, any advice?

Much appreciated.

Ken
If you are from a visa-exempt country (Korea), than you can just go across the border and come back to Canada to land or you could just goto an immigration office near you and finish the process there!

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kyungsam3 said:
Thank you so much guys,

You are right. I confirmed again with the CIC.

Thank you!
You're welcome. Congrats and Good luck!

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
kyungsam3 said:
Thank you so much guys,

You are right. I confirmed again with the CIC.

Thank you!
so, what are your plans? Where are ypu going to do your landing? mine i booked at the local CIC office on december 11.

riponmaki

Mar 16, 2013
I have applied for Permanent Residence to Canada as Federal Skilled Worker Class to The Canadian Embassy, Manila, Philippines in 2006. After that I have sent all necessary papers. Finally I received medical papers on July 3, 2012 and sent medical report on august 2, 2012. After that I received an acceptance letter from embassy in manila requesting for my passport on October 2, 2012. I sent the passport last on October 10, 2012. Today (on march 15, 2013) I received my passport without visa. After receiving the refusal I am totally disappointed. In this situation what can I do next?

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
riponmaki said:
I have applied for Permanent Residence to Canada as Federal Skilled Worker Class to The Canadian Embassy, Manila, Philippines in 2006. After that I have sent all necessary papers. Finally I received medical papers on July 3, 2012 and sent medical report on august 2, 2012. After that I received an acceptance letter from embassy in manila requesting for my passport on October 2, 2012. I sent the passport last on October 10, 2012. Today (on march 15, 2013) I received my passport without visa. After receiving the refusal I am totally disappointed. In this situation what can I do next?
What was the reason for refusal?

riponmaki

Mar 16, 2013
The reason for refusal is that
The Jobs, growth and Long-term Prosperity Act became law on June 29, 2012. Under this legislation, federal Skilled worker(FSW) applications made before February 27, 2008 were terminated by operation of law if a decision based on FSW program selection criteria had not been made by an immigration officer before March 29, 2012.
In conducting a factual review of affected applications, we were noted that the selection decision on your file was made after March 28, 2012. Your application was affected by the Jobs, growth and Long-term Prosperity Act and was terminated by operation of Law on June 29, 2012. As such, your permanent resident visa application was terminated by operation law as a decision had not been made by an immigration officer before March 29, 2012.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Oh, so sorry to hear that especially as you got to passport request. Don't lose hope, see whether you are eligible under the new rules and prepare for May 2013 when they begin accepting skilled worker applications.

Sukhie

Star Member
Mar 23, 2012
If they have continued to process your application after may 2012, how can they deny you? Its a way of not returning your application fees which they said on their website that they would?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
riponmaki said:
Thank you very much for your reply. Is it possible to complain through the court?
Hi Riponmaki,

Firstly, i'm sorry to hear that your application is among the ones impacted by the new law that cancelled all applications before Feb 27, 2008.

However, I saw on this forum that a lawyer named David Cohen - started a lawsuit where he is fighting for all such applicants against this new law of CIC. I am not 100% sure, but i heard that perhaps the court might issue the final judgement by the end of this month - March 2013. You may want to contact the lawyer and see if you can still join those applicants who are fighting to win the case on their immigration application. Here is a link to the thread on this forum. You can read and talk to the guys who have applied for the case. They will inform you better. All the best.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/federal-skilled-worker-class-action-lawsuit-t113853.0.html

riponmaki

Mar 16, 2013
I have applied for Permanent Residence to Canada as Federal Skilled Worker Class to The Canadian Embassy, Manila, Philippines in 2006. After that I have sent all necessary papers. Finally I received medical papers on July 3, 2012 and sent medical report on august 2, 2012. After that I received an acceptance letter from embassy in manila requesting for my passport on October 2, 2012. I sent the passport last on October 10, 2012. Today (on march 15, 2013) I received my passport without visa. After receiving the refusal I am totally disappointed. In this situation what can I do next? Finally I want to mail to Visa officer about my refusal results. Can anybody help me?

The reason for refusal is that
The Jobs, growth and Long-term Prosperity Act became law on June 29, 2012. Under this legislation, federal Skilled worker(FSW) applications made before February 27, 2008 were terminated by operation of law if a decision based on FSW program selection criteria had not been made by an immigration officer before March 29, 2012.
In conducting a factual review of affected applications, we were noted that the selection decision on your file was made after March 28, 2012. Your application was affected by the Jobs, growth and Long-term Prosperity Act and was terminated by operation of Law on June 29, 2012. As such, your permanent resident visa application was terminated by operation law as a decision had not been made by an immigration officer before March 29, 2012.