+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport In transit after stamping: VV 6 months expires in 3 weeks

parths411

Aug 5, 2020
My mother's passport was sent to US for stamping for Canada Super Visa. She is here in Canada on Visitor visa and her 6 month stay is expiring in October end. Now the issue is while the passport has already been sent from the US to Canada almost a month ago and we have not received it yet. It's been going back and forth between the US and Canada ( when my uncle sent via USPS specifically mentioning what included in it )

And we have been trying to track it as well, not receiving any satisfactory answer from USPS or the Canada Post. Now the concern is what if the passport goes missing in this back-forth thing. In case if we don't receive the passport before it would her status in Canada become illegal or we can call IRCC and update them or any work around? Please advise. TIA.

Background:
We used VFS NY supported 2 way label courier option and they did acknowledge via email upon confirming that can deliver to Canada is when I sent the passport using their service. Upon returning the pp they declined that they only do local courier which is within US only, so had to send it to uncle’s place who is in US who than couriered it to us here as an alternative.