+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport copies (Multiple) upload?

CANPR12

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Hi Folks,

I have received my ITA and i am in the process of uploading the necessary documents. I have a question which I hope veterans and fellow applicants would be able to answer.

The passport copies upload section has (multiple) copies explicitly stated. But there seems to be ability to only upload 1 single pdf file. I have an expired passport and a new one with visa stamps etc.

How have people with 2 or more passports uploaded your passport copies? Did you upload the old passport copies followed by current one within the same file or is just uploading the new passport copy is enough?

Please advise.
Thanks

ashpkgo70

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Merge the passports into one file. The new one followed by the old one. Use this site to merge - http://www.ilovepdf.com/merge_pdf

vj3171

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. I would not suggest to use online tools to merge as these are sensitive documents. Use adobe pro.
2. In your old passport if there are visas or entry or exit stamp then you need to upload them. Nevertheless if there are no stamps or any marking it would still be advisable to upload the page where they have mentioned passport cancelled.

Merge everything in one file max size 4mb.

badz2

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vj3171 said:
1. I would not suggest to use online tools to merge as these are sensitive documents. Use adobe pro.
2. In your old passport if there are visas or entry or exit stamp then you need to upload them. Nevertheless if there are no stamps or any marking it would still be advisable to upload the page where they have mentioned passport cancelled.

Merge everything in one file max size 4mb.
hhmm...what if i am missing the passport i used on the year 2007?i used my brother's passport as a reference on declaring the dates on my travel history part of application.

CANPR12

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Thanks for all the replies. I have scanned both the passports into one file and its under the required file size of 4 MB. I will upload it.

Thanks and appreciate your responses.

vj3171

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hhmm...what if i am missing the passport i used on the year 2007?i used my brother's passport as a reference on declaring the dates on my travel history part of application.
Mention in the LOE that all your travel histroy from X - 2007 was in your old passport (if possible provide the no.) and its now lost/stolen/non-machine readable etc etc. but try to check your old emails or your travel agent with whom you usually book your tickets from. just try to provide the copy. Anyhow they would be stamping your visa on your new passport. But providing all the vital information as much as possible at times might shorten your processing time. If the officer might have concern about those travels rather then he/she approaching you and back and forth you loose time.Better to provide upfront.
Thats my thought...