+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport and pictures

darin

Dec 24, 2011
Hi all, I have three question:

1. I read on the forum that the sponsored person must send his passport to the VO for visa issuance. We have only send in a photocopy of her passport. Should we send her passport right away which will reduce the delay once the VO is ready to issue a visa?

2. We have written on the back of all the pictures (date, place...). I read that one of the forum member had to resend her pictures because she wrote on the back of the pictures. Did this happen to others?

3. Did anyone sent in more proof of relationship while they were waiting for the VO office without them asking for it?

Thanks, Darin

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
darin said:
Hi all, I have three question:

1. I read on the forum that the sponsored person must send his passport to the VO for visa issuance. We have only send in a photocopy of her passport. Should we send her passport right away which will reduce the delay once the VO is ready to issue a visa?

2. We have written on the back of all the pictures (date, place...). I read that one of the forum member had to resend her pictures because she wrote on the back of the pictures. Did this happen to others?

3. Did anyone sent in more proof of relationship while they were waiting for the VO office without them asking for it?

Thanks, Darin
1. No, not until the VO requests the passport. Some request it early in the process, others wait until the very end when they are ready to issue the PR visa. I would be worried that if you sent it early it would get lost or they would send it back by unregistered mail where it could get stolen/lost along the way.

2. I wrote the date and event/location on the back of my photos and did not have a problem.

3. I did not, but would say that if you have more proof like email logs or copies of airline tickets you couldn't get/find before the application package was sent then I would put it together and send it in.

JATT_PUNJABI

Star Member
Dec 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AmericaninQuebec said:
1. No, not until the VO requests the passport. Some request it early in the process, others wait until the very end when they are ready to issue the PR visa. I would be worried that if you sent it early it would get lost or they would send it back by unregistered mail where it could get stolen/lost along the way.

2. I wrote the date and event/location on the back of my photos and did not have a problem.

3. I did not, but would say that if you have more proof like email logs or copies of airline tickets you couldn't get/find before the application package was sent then I would put it together and send it in.
@AmericaninQuebec

How do one can send more proofs to VO (i mean whether upload scan copies or simply post them to VO)?

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
JATT_PUNJABI said:
@ AmericaninQuebec

How do one can send more proofs to VO (i mean whether upload scan copies or simply post them to VO)?
I've never done it, but from what I've read on this forum the visa offices usually provide a fax number, an email address and a postal address. You should wait until your file has been forwarded to the visa office and you have your file number. You should include a cover letter with your information, including file number. Then I would send a copy by fax or email, and also send a copy by mail.

Again, I have not done this myself, and am only repeating info I have seen elsewhere on this forum. You'll have to ask elsewhere on the forum if you want advice from someone who has done this before.

darin

Dec 24, 2011
I forwarded more info to the VO by uploading them using CIC website and sending by postal mail.

Darin