+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passed the exam but received no notice for taking the oath

montreal1009

Feb 24, 2013
this afternoon, i called CIC and got good and bad news. the agent told me that I passed the exam that i took last feb. 8. and which my wife unfortunately failed. he then told me that i could not take the oath; instead i have to wait for my wife to pass the test and we'll take the oath together. anyone who is on the same boat?

forevercanada

Jul 3, 2013
Hi montreal1009,

Two things. First, your wife will be able to retake the exam, as per the "enhancement" announced on June 3 by the minister.

Also, you can now apply for a separation of files, if you want to take the oath sooner.

Congrats and good luck to you both.

montreal1009

Feb 24, 2013
forevercanada said:
Hi montreal1009,

Two things. First, your wife will be able to retake the exam, as per the "enhancement" announced on June 3 by the minister.

Also, you can now apply for a separation of files, if you want to take the oath sooner.

Congrats and good luck to you both.
thanks, maybe i will just wait for her

CyberHawk

Oct 31, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
montreal1009 said:
this afternoon, i called CIC and got good and bad news. the agent told me that I passed the exam that i took last feb. 8. and which my wife unfortunately failed. he then told me that i could not take the oath; instead i have to wait for my wife to pass the test and we'll take the oath together. anyone who is on the same boat?

I've written my test in February too. I never heard from CIC since.
Today I tried to call CIC and they either did not take the phone (after passing all required options in the automated menu) or closed the call altogether.

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
CyberHawk said:
I've written my test in February too. I never heard from CIC since.
Today I tried to call CIC and they either did not take the phone (after passing all required options in the automated menu) or closed the call altogether.
That is a very long wait for oath...did you failed the test???

CyberHawk

Oct 31, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OKK said:
That is a very long wait for oath...did you failed the test???
I have no idea... that's why I wanted to talk with CIC today.
Personally I don't believe I failed in the test, but who knows?!

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
CyberHawk said:
I have no idea... that's why I wanted to talk with CIC today.
Personally I don't believe I failed in the test, but who knows?!
Well you never know right because it shouldn't take that long....If it would had been the dreaded RQ you would had got it by now long ago...so if you had failed the test then you will be receiving another notice to rewrite rather then waiting on a judge....You can also send a fax to your local office to inquire.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
montreal1009 said:

thanks, maybe i will just wait for her
Its a personal and noble position but its better to split the files...this way you avoid expiry of your checks which only further delays your timeline to oath. Also what if she fails a second test? This leads to an automatic judge hearing which depending on your local CIC office may not be before the next election.

montreal1009

Feb 24, 2013
appreciate your ideas

with the thought that someone is waiting, would the CIC possibly consider to pass my wife on its retake? just asking

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
montreal1009 said:
appreciate your ideas

with the thought that someone is waiting, would the CIC possibly consider to pass my wife on its retake? just asking
LOL no my friend remember you are talking about CIC

syedhassan63

Jun 26, 2013
montreal1009 said:
I am also same position like you. We have appeared the test on 21st December, 2012 and till now waiting for re-test of my wife. No idea how long CIC will take time to re-take the test.

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have you received any RQ for language or residency?

montreal1009 said:

montreal1009

Feb 24, 2013
chandu007 said:
Have you received any RQ for language or residency?
i haven't received RQ nor have a problem about the language thing because i finished both Secondary English V and French V here

vik403

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Halifax, NS, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
26-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-10-2013
I am in the same boat. Gave my test on 7th Feb. The officer told me that i passed. It's been close to 6 months and still nothing. Halifax office sucks a big one