+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Visitor Visa - Online application query

gg08

Star Member
Mar 22, 2012
hi all,

I'm in Canada and want to apply visitor visa for my parents. I know I can do it online.
And since, for online application, I need to use MyCIC account, I would have to fill one extra form which is the "representative form" which needs to signed by my parents?

can you guys let me know if my understanding is correct? and if yes, how much time does it take to actually receive the visa?

appreciate your response.

thanks
gg

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
About 40 days, when approved your folks would be asked to mail passport
I think there is another form you need to fill for actually making the app, once you go through it will tell you - rep is mostly for being contacted for file info

Rank2010

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
My mother in law applied online on June 3 (New Delhi VO). No news yet after the automated email. But the processing times guide says "4 days" for ND VO. I think CIC should update the "processing times" periodically depending upon the backlog in the visa offices so that applicants don't anxious or frustrated playing the waiting game.

beauty00

Sep 11, 2012
I want to ask you guys. I am also applying multiple entry visa for my parents. now I already uploaded all the files necessary, except employment reference letter. I think it's not necessary since they don't have a job here.

Now the problem comes. I cannot submit their application. since there is no button can proceed to the next step. I pressed "enter" and try to click "review the application" or "pay the fee", no reponse.

How did you guys submit the application?

Please please help me on this.