+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Visit Visa

Naseer_k

Jan 1, 2019
Hello Moderators and Members,

I have been in Canada since Sep 2018 on study permit (doing PhD). I want my parents and brother to visit me in Canada. Kindly guide me:

1. Can I apply for their visit visas (while I am still on study permit)?
2. If yes, then I have to apply separately for all of them?
3. Or I can only invite my parents and sibling after getting PR?

I shall be grateful if any advice/links can be provided to answer my questions.

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
1) Yes, you can invite them as a study permit holder (international student).
2) You can definitely apply for all of them as a family. No point applying separately. Depends on the age of your brother and whether he rely on your parent for his financial need.
3) No, since their purpose of coming to Canada is only for visit. You are eligible to invite family and friend as a study permit holder or Canadian PR (when you get one). However, you should be aware that they will not be authorize to work or study except in a program that is less than 6 months. Make sure your Study permit is valid and attach to the application.

Reactions: Naseer_k

Naseer_k

Jan 1, 2019
Thank you for answering my questions.
Do we have any tagged/pinned post here on forum for step by step application process?

1) Yes, you can invite them as a study permit holder (international student).
2) You can definitely apply for all of them as a family. No point applying separately. Depends on the age of your brother and whether he rely on your parent for his financial need.
3) No, since their purpose of coming to Canada is only for visit. You are eligible to invite family and friend as a study permit holder or Canadian PR (when you get one). However, you should be aware that they will not be authorize to work or study except in a program that is less than 6 months. Make sure your Study permit is valid and attach to the application.

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Thank you for answering my questions.
Do we have any tagged/pinned post here on forum for step by step application process?
Are you planing to apply for them online or paper? I will help you look out for one. However, you can also go through the thread under temporary resident.

aarushig

May 22, 2019
HI, I am not able to find how to apply TRV for both my mom and dad together. can somebody please walk me through it ? Ty