+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Visit visa/Super Visa from Pakistan - Connect here

Tay1297

Jul 9, 2024
I applied for my father's Super Visa on April 28, 2024, via the IRCC portal and received a refusal letter today with a generic reply stating that he will not leave Canada after the end of the visa and no other specific reason. I am confused about what to do next. Has anyone else faced a similar issue?

canus2024

May 13, 2024
Sharing timeline for mother's Super Visa. Don't lose hope :)

Processing time: 50 days approx.

Application Submission: 26 May 2024
Biometric Instruction Letter: 26 May 2024
Biometrics Provided: 31 May 2024
Biometrics Updated: 31 May 2024
Upfront Medical Passed: 12 July 2024
Biometric Validity Letter: 12 July 2024
Passport Request Letter: 12 July 2024
Passport Submitted: 17 July 2024
Passport Received: 17 July 2024
VFS: Islamabad
VO: Abu Dhabi

Documents submitted for super visa:

1. Letter of Invitation detailing purpose of visit, travel plan summary in Canada, date of visit, date of departure, promise of financial support, family details and count, prior travel history

2. Proof of Canadian Citizenship/PR

3. Proof of Income: NOA above LICO cut-off, Employment Letter, six months pay stubs.

4. Proof of Relationship: NADRA Family Registration Certificate.

5. Mother's Passport

6. Mother's SNIC

7. Mother's six months bank statement (7,000 CAD)

8. Letter of support from husband (my father)

9. Proof of Medical Insurance (1 year paid upfront) - attached both policy and payment proof.

10. Letter of explanation sharing upfront IME medical examination form, birth certificate linking father name with husband name and police certificate (just like that to avoid delay).

Good luck everyone!

drshohrat

Aug 26, 2017
Hi guys.
I applied for my mother's supervisa on 19 April.
the medical was done upfront and shows " you donot need a medical exam" . the biometrics got approved on 5th July but there is no activity since. what is the usual timeline and when should i on average expect an approval. the portal currently appears as:
Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • July 5, 2024 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

also , i made a big blunder by not adding my mother's bank statement ( i wrote in the letter of invite that i will be supporting her visit through out, and provided an itinerary along with her tickets), should i provide her bank statements too, and if yes then how can i provide it now?
thank you.

danielkhan11

Jul 29, 2022
Hello Pakistani Fellows,
I need your advice for my Mother's Visa.
I am a new citizen in Canada and my spouse is a newly arrived PR. I am a PhD student and not working.
My PhD is funded by the National Research Council (NRC) of Canada.
Total Scholarship from both NRC and University is about 70K a year.
I have been accepted at MIT (USA) as a visiting PhD student for 5 months and my trip is sponsoring by NRC.

Now, when I am traveling my spouse will stay here alone and I cannot take her with me because Boston is pretty expensive and I will also be paying rent for my condo here in Canada, which is 2K a month.

I decided to bring my mom so she could stay with her for the time I am away.
I am not sure which Visa should i apply, a Super visa, or Visit visa. The Super visa requires a certain income but I am not working and studying full-time. I am getting more than the required income but not sure if they will consider it.

Please enlighten me on which visa should i go for and which one has more chances to get.

thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Pakistani Fellows,
I need your advice for my Mother's Visa.
I am a new citizen in Canada and my spouse is a newly arrived PR. I am a PhD student and not working.
My PhD is funded by the National Research Council (NRC) of Canada.
Total Scholarship from both NRC and University is about 70K a year.
I have been accepted at MIT (USA) as a visiting PhD student for 5 months and my trip is sponsoring by NRC.

Now, when I am traveling my spouse will stay here alone and I cannot take her with me because Boston is pretty expensive and I will also be paying rent for my condo here in Canada, which is 2K a month.

I decided to bring my mom so she could stay with her for the time I am away.
I am not sure which Visa should i apply, a Super visa, or Visit visa. The Super visa requires a certain income but I am not working and studying full-time. I am getting more than the required income but not sure if they will consider it.

Please enlighten me on which visa should i go for and which one has more chances to get.

thanks
For Supervisa, Do you meet LICO/minimum income requirements for 3 people? Your NOA will tell you. If so, and she wants to stay a longer period of time then that is an option. She has to pass a medical and pay health insurance for one year. Plus ties to return and travel history.

For visitor visa, she shows her own funds, travel history and ties to return (job, business, spouse, children under 22).

danielkhan11

Jul 29, 2022
For Supervisa, Do you meet LICO/minimum income requirements for 3 people? Your NOA will tell you. If so, and she wants to stay a longer period of time then that is an option. She has to pass a medical and pay health insurance for one year. Plus ties to return and travel history.

For visitor visa, she shows her own funds, travel history and ties to return (job, business, spouse, children under 22).
I do meet that requirement but my scholarship is not taxable and I do not know if they will consider that as an income or not., but it is more than the required amount. She does not have a travel history except omra (Saud Arabia). Family, ties I have 9 years, 12 years, and 17 years old sisters and they will stay behind with other family members and my father.
I want her to stay only for 5 months and then when I return she will go back.
She is a housewife and has never worked and has no bank account.

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I do meet that requirement but my scholarship is not taxable and I do not know if they will consider that as an income or not., but it is more than the required amount. She does not have a travel history except omra (Saud Arabia). Family, ties I have 9 years, 12 years, and 17 years old sisters and they will stay behind with other family members and my father.
I want her to stay only for 5 months and then when I return she will go back.
She is a housewife and has never worked and has no bank account.

Thanks
If not taxable then don’t think you can count that. Will be based on your T4. If not a supervisa, she should only request a short visit. How will she show funds to support a visit plus support her family members? When are you hoping she comes?

Cool_Breeze

Feb 3, 2015
How much time one gets to leave for Canada after getting Super Visa? Is it that one can arrive in Canada until the validity of medical exam which is one year?

danielkhan11

Jul 29, 2022
If not taxable then don’t think you can count that. Will be based on your T4. If not a supervisa, she should only request a short visit. How will she show funds to support a visit plus support her family members? When are you hoping she comes?
I will be funding everything and i do get T4A. I want her to come for January 2025.