+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents visa rejected twice, please help!

samratbaweja

Jun 25, 2014
My parents are in India and I applied for their visa twice but unfortunately, it got rejected both times. Below are the exact details of both the cases:

Father's details: 61 years, retired, pensioner, no travel history
Mother's details: 55 years, housewife, no travel history

Brother, his wife and their kid are in Canada, all permanent residents, both working
I am in US on student visa, have a Canadian visitors visa valid til 2020

First application:
  • Applied in first week of June
  • Online application
  • Parents dependent on brother for financial support
  • Provided all necessary documents, showed sufficient funds from brother's side but didn't show anything to prove parents' ties with home country (my mistake!)

Visa rejected, got the result in last week of July.
  • Reason: Personal assets and financial status, Insufficient funds to carry out stated purpose in Canada (Expected!).

Second application:
  • Applied within a week of getting the first application's rejection
  • Paper application through VFS, Chandigarh, India

Added following documents in addition to those provided in first application:
  • Parents' property documents
  • Father's income tax returns, bank statements, pension slips
  • Total funds of $24,000 ($12,000 from both sides, parents and brother)
  • Cover letter
  • My documents (US visa, canadian visa etc.)
  • Everything neatly organized

Got a rejection within 10 days, again same reasons and further, no travel history mentioned as an additional reason.

Really confused and depressed. I don't know what they want, I provided every possible document, in fact more than that.

Could it be because we applied within a week of getting a rejection? And when we are saying that parents depend on brother for finances, why are they questioning my parents' funds (that too when we have already shown sufficient funds)?

I plan to re-apply for them sometime later this year. What additional documents should I include then?

Seniors, experts, people with similar experiences, I request all of you to please help me. I'd really appreciate any help you provide.

Thanks!

:(

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
samratbaweja said:
Really confused and depressed. I don't know what they want, I provided every possible document, in fact more than that.
If you don't understand what they are asking for, adding more documents is useless.

You have actualy not given us anything to work with, for example you have not mentioned the length of their intended stay neither your plans in Canada.

My guess is that you THINK you have given all the information needed when in fact you are missing key points that will let us (and therefore them) help you.

Add details that do matter so we can properly help you.

samratbaweja

Jun 25, 2014
@[Jalex23]
I provided everything in the package, my bad didn't mention them here. Here is the list of all the documents I provided:

Application forms
Family information forms
Cover Letter, stating the intent and duration of visit (3 months for my parents and 10 days for me)
Letter stating purpose of travel
Parents' marriage certificate
Proposed travel itinerary of my parents as well as mine
Letter of invitation from my brother
Letter of financial support from my brother
Proof of my parents' relation with my brother
Financial resources of my brother
My passport and visa copies
My university documents showing the start and projected end date of my degree
All the required financial documents of my brother and sister-in-law were attached where required
Father's pension slips
Father's account statements
Father's financial assets statement
Father's income tax returns
Property registry certificate
Property evaluation certificate
Brother and sister-in-law's documents: Copies of PR cards, passports, visas

No documents for my mother were provided as we told them that she's a housewife and does not earn.

I hope these clear up things. Any suggestions what went wrong?

Jalex23 said:
If you don't understand what they are asking for, adding more documents is useless.

You have actualy not given us anything to work with, for example you have not mentioned the length of their intended stay neither your plans in Canada.

My guess is that you THINK you have given all the information needed when in fact you are missing key points that will let us (and therefore them) help you.

Add details that do matter so we can properly help you.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
samratbaweja said:
@ [Jalex23]
I provided everything in the package, my bad didn't mention them here. Here is the list of all the documents I provided:

Application forms
Family information forms
Cover Letter, stating the intent and duration of visit (3 months for my parents and 10 days for me)
Letter stating purpose of travel
Parents' marriage certificate
Proposed travel itinerary of my parents as well as mine
Letter of invitation from my brother
Letter of financial support from my brother
Proof of my parents' relation with my brother
Financial resources of my brother
My passport and visa copies
My university documents showing the start and projected end date of my degree
All the required financial documents of my brother and sister-in-law were attached where required
Father's pension slips
Father's account statements
Father's financial assets statement
Father's income tax returns
Property registry certificate
Property evaluation certificate
Brother and sister-in-law's documents: Copies of PR cards, passports, visas

No documents for my mother were provided as we told them that she's a housewife and does not earn.

I hope these clear up things. Any suggestions what went wrong?
That is the reason, 3 months is way too much for a first trip. Try 2 weeks, max 3.

samratbaweja

Jun 25, 2014
Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

This sounds strange because we have relatives who stayed there for 5 months during their first trip. But I understand your point, it depends on case to case and with no travel history and 2 rejections already, I don't want to take any risk the next time I apply.

Is there anything else you'll recommend?

Jalex23 said:
That is the reason, 3 months is way too much for a first trip. Try 2 weeks, max 3.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
samratbaweja said:
This sounds strange because we have relatives who stayed there for 5 months during their first trip. But I understand your point, it depends on case to case and with no travel history and 2 rejections already, I don't want to take any risk the next time I apply.
Yes it is a case by case thing. Your parents' age, their retired status, his son as a PR in Canada, the length of the stay, all of these result in a refusal. It is never a single aspect but the one that in my opinion had most impact was the length of stay.

samratbaweja said:
Is there anything else you'll recommend?
I think you have more documents than needed (for example tax returns are redundant, therefore kind of useless) but they won't do any harm. I can't think of anything that would do any real difference.

samratbaweja

Jun 25, 2014
Yes I understand your point. But I am really worried to re-apply and will probably wait for some more time to do that. Will it be a problem now or later if I show a 3 week plan while applying and they stay there for a longer time (of course within the visa validity period)?

VBSB

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Feb 2012
Interview........
Jan 2012
Passport Req..
Sent in Feb 2012.....Decision Made on 16th April 2012.
VISA ISSUED...
13 April 2012
Jalex23 said:
Yes it is a case by case thing. Your parents' age, their retired status, his son as a PR in Canada, the length of the stay, all of these result in a refusal. It is never a single aspect but the one that in my opinion had most impact was the length of stay.

I think you have more documents than needed (for example tax returns are redundant, therefore kind of useless) but they won't do any harm. I can't think of anything that would do any real difference.
I am brother to samratbaweja and Canadian PR and older son to parents whose case is being discussed here...

Do you think CAPES notes would do any good here if I decide to opt for it.
Please advise how soon it would be advisable to reapply 3rd time and if hiring any professional lawyer to present the case and applying 3rd time would help.

REASON FOR DESPERATION
: MY PARENTS HAVEN'T SEEN MY DAUGHTER SINCE LAST 2 YEARS AND WE REALLY WANT THEM TO SPEND TIME WITH HER HERE.

Thanks in advance.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
VBSB said:
Do you think CAPES notes would do any good here if I decide to opt for it.
Yes, will give you a clearer understanding of what is happening.

VBSB said:
Please advise how soon it would be advisable to reapply 3rd time and if hiring any professional lawyer to present the case and applying 3rd time would help.
As soon as you have solved all CICs concerns. If the lawyer is good then do it.

VBSB said:
REASON FOR DESPERATION: MY PARENTS HAVEN'T SEEN MY DAUGHTER SINCE LAST 2 YEARS AND WE REALLY WANT THEM TO SPEND TIME WITH HER HERE.
If I were the VO I would ask why does it have to be in Canada, for meeting someone it is easier for you to travel to your home country. Many cases like this are rejected unfortunately.

VBSB

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Feb 2012
Interview........
Jan 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
13 April 2012
NEED EXPERT ADVICE HERE...

FIRST APPLICATION APPLIED IN JUNE 2014 AND SECOND APPLIED AFTER A WEEK OF FIRST APP REJECTION WHICH WAS REJECTED AS WELL. DETAILS MENTIONED ABOVE...

MY QUESTION IS IS IT ADVISABLE TO APPLY FOR THIRD TIME NOW FOR MY PARENTS WHICH WOULD BE 15 DAYS AFTER SECOND TIME REJECTION.

REASON FOR VISIT BOTH THE TIME WAS TO MEET CHILDREN AND LENGTH OF STAY WAS 3 MONTHS. NOW REASON IS I M INVITING THEM FOR HOUSE WARMING SINCE I AM BUYING MY OWN AND LENGTH OF STAY WOULD BE 2-3 WEEKS ONLY.

PLEASE SUGGEST.

THANKS.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
VBSB said:
NEED EXPERT ADVICE HERE...

FIRST APPLICATION APPLIED IN JUNE 2014 AND SECOND APPLIED AFTER A WEEK OF FIRST APP REJECTION WHICH WAS REJECTED AS WELL. DETAILS MENTIONED ABOVE...

MY QUESTION IS IS IT ADVISABLE TO APPLY FOR THIRD TIME NOW FOR MY PARENTS WHICH WOULD BE 15 DAYS AFTER SECOND TIME REJECTION.

REASON FOR VISIT BOTH THE TIME WAS TO MEET CHILDREN AND LENGTH OF STAY WAS 3 MONTHS. NOW REASON IS I M INVITING THEM FOR HOUSE WARMING SINCE I AM BUYING MY OWN AND LENGTH OF STAY WOULD BE 2-3 WEEKS ONLY.

PLEASE SUGGEST.

THANKS.
The thing now is that this is a second version of the facts... it sounds like you are just chainging purpose of visit to see which one works best. This is a red falg for CIC and most likely to be refused.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Jalex23 said:
The thing now is that this is a second version of the facts... it sounds like you are just chainging purpose of visit to see which one works best. This is a red falg for CIC and most likely to be refused.
I agree. I wouldn't reapply until you can provide additional supporting evidence that helps your parents' application. Changing the length of the trip isn't a material change.

VBSB

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Feb 2012
Interview........
Jan 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
13 April 2012
Ok but then what's the solution to the case. Intention are honest that they come here and go back on time but how do we prove that to cic.

You guys have whole case facts in front of you.

I would really appreciate if any serious solution to the problem can be provided.