+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents visa refused 2nd time in 2 years

ozaN

Nov 29, 2018
If parents are PRs or citizens they can care for children but visiting grandparents are caring for children versus yo7 paying for childcare which is why it is considered illegal work. Grandparents have been refused visas if they say they are coming to cook, clean and provide childcare. If they say they are coming to provide emotional support and enjoy the new baby that isn’t an issue. Would order GCMS notes if you want to see why you were refused. You made it very clear that your parents were taking the place of after school paid childcare which essentially indicated that they would be working illegally.
I understand what you mean. That’s only covering purpose of visit right. Even if I changed that one there are still 4 more refusal grounds. How should I have covered those? After all documents that were provided…

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I understand what you mean. That’s only covering purpose of visit right. Even if I changed that one there are still 4 more refusal grounds. How should I have covered those? After all documents that were provided…
Would order the GCMS notes for the most recent refusal to get more details on why they were refused.

kadik4u

Dec 8, 2019
I did. I’ll update here when I get it. Thank you for your comments.
Hi, I'm in the same situation as yours. Just wanted to check if you got any luck with GCMS notes and did you apply again for your parent's visa ?

ozaN

Nov 29, 2018
@kadik4u Please see below the notes section of GCMS and my comments for each paragraph. We haven’t applied yet since we don’t know what else we can provide.

“Text: I have reviewed the application.
The applicant has indicated that they are staying in Canada for an extended period, yet there is limited explanation for this stay, or how the applicant is meeting their obligations in their home country. I am not satistied that the client has demonstrated that a visit or this duration is reasonable
at this time. (Length was 4 months, Reason was taking care of their grandchild, because of covid before after care capacity was limited. Waiting on the list for a long time. Provided that documentation as well.) ( For applicants obligations, we already provided information that they were retired and also submitted documents for retirement, it was clear that they had no other obligation at that time)
Taking the applicant's purpose or visit into
account, the documentation provided in support of the
applicant's financial situation does not demonstrate that the applicant is sufficiently established that the proposed visit would be a reasonable expense (we invited applicants and wrote that we would cover all expenses and they would stay with us. We provided bank statements, paystubs, previous years notice of assessments. Also showed applicant’s funds as back up. Funds provided were more than expected.)
I am not satisfied that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of their stay as a temporary resident. I note that:
-the client has strong family ties in Canada (applicants have 2 child one in here, one in the same country of residence, also rest of applicants family are in country of residence) (strong ties only for one child???)
The purpose of visit does not appear reasonable given the applicant's socio-economic situation and therefore I am not satisfied that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of the period of
authorized stay. (Socio-economic situation?? Applicants were retired long time ago since then they traveled enjoyed their time, wanted to visit their son and took care of their grandchild. Provided their deeds of the houses, car etc.)
The applicant's travel history is not sufficient to count as a positive factor in my assessment.(uk visa-travel, Netherlands travel)
Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the
end of the period authorized for their stay.
For the reasons above, I have refused this application.
(soon we’ll be citizens but we wouldn’t have chance to host our immediate family)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
@kadik4u Please see below the notes section of GCMS and my comments for each paragraph. We haven’t applied yet since we don’t know what else we can provide.

The applicant has indicated that they are staying in Canada for an extended period, yet there is limited explanation for this stay, or how the applicant is meeting their obligations in their home country. I am not satistied that the client has demonstrated that a visit or this duration is reasonable
at this time. (Length was 4 months, Reason was taking care of their grandchild, because of covid before after care capacity was limited. Waiting on the list for a long time. Provided that documentation as well.) ( For applicants obligations, we already provided information that they were retired and also submitted documents for retirement, it was clear that they had no other obligation at that time)
applicant's financial situation does not demonstrate that the applicant is sufficiently established that the proposed visit would be a reasonable expense (we invited applicants and wrote that we would cover all expenses and they would stay with us. We provided bank statements, paystubs, previous years notice of assessments. Also showed applicant’s funds as back up. Funds provided were more than expected.)
I am not satisfied that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of their stay as a temporary resident. I note that:
-the client has strong family ties in Canada (applicants have 2 child one in here, one in the same country of residence, also rest of applicants family are in country of residence) (strong ties only for one child???)
The purpose of visit does not appear reasonable given the applicant's socio-economic situation and therefore I am not satisfied that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of the period of
authorized stay. (Socio-economic situation?? Applicants were retired long time ago since then they traveled enjoyed their time, wanted to visit their son and took care of their grandchild. Provided their deeds of the houses, car etc.)
The applicant's travel history is not sufficient to count as a positive factor in my assessment.(uk visa-travel, Netherlands travel)
Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the
(soon we’ll be citizens but we wouldn’t have chance to host our immediate family)
1. So you said that they would be looking after their grandchild. This is considered work, your parents were refused for possible illegal work without a permit. Too long of a visit. Should have request a 3-4 week visit showing their own funds. Mentioning caring for grandchild and saying you couldn’t find daycare was not a good idea.
2. If for a visior visa they, not you, need to show the funds. They needed to show funds to support a long visit. Your funds don’t have to be considered so look at a super visa.
3. Strong ties are spouse and children under 22. If wanting to come for such a long time then their ties to canada are stronger.
4. Socio-economic are their funds and investments to support themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: morcerf

Arramezani

Star Member
May 23, 2022

Can u say how much fund they put in their statements?

Arramezani

Star Member
May 23, 2022

Do they have a house onther their name?
Do they put their travel history in their application ? (In details)

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018

1. Although people can stay for 6 months on a visitor visa, asking for 4 months stay on VV application when parents don't have prior travel history to US/ Canada/ Aus is not advisable. You could have written just 1 month. If you do intend for them to stay longer period actually apply for super visa. The idea of writing that they will take care of grand kids was bad and you should not have written that.

2. Your funds are irrelevant for VV. If you want those to be relevant go for Super Visa.

3. Actually being retired is a negative point because they have no reason to go back to home country. Strong ties argument is defeated by your own purpose of visit of taking care of grand-kids. It seems like they are looking to find work in their retirement as care givers for your kids.

You are better off applying for super visa. I'm afraird if you apply for VV again it may be denied again.

Reactions: Naturgrl

ozaN

Nov 29, 2018
1. Although people can stay for 6 months on a visitor visa, asking for 4 months stay on VV application when parents don't have prior travel history to US/ Canada/ Aus is not advisable. You could have written just 1 month. If you do intend for them to stay longer period actually apply for super visa. The idea of writing that they will take care of grand kids was bad and you should not have written that.

2. Your funds are irrelevant for VV. If you want those to be relevant go for Super Visa.

3. Actually being retired is a negative point because they have no reason to go back to home country. Strong ties argument is defeated by your own purpose of visit of taking care of grand-kids. It seems like they are looking to find work in their retirement as care givers for your kids.

You are better off applying for super visa. I'm afraird if you apply for VV again it may be denied again.
first trv application was for 3 weeks for purpose of visiting and sightseeing and that one was rejected too.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Please see first post.
Not clear how much they showed in bank statements, not your funds. So assume they can show $20k in their bank accounts (from you first post). For a 4-5 month visit that is not enough if you include airfare. Stating that they would “work” to look after your child because they are retired and in no rush to return home did not help their application at all. This issue will not go away in future applications as you provided proof you couldn’t find childcare. I guess there were no summer camps for your child through the summer as most camps provide before/after camp care.

Apply for a supervisa if you meet LICO for the number of people in your family. However you still need to address home ties.

They need to prove that they have a reason (notes say obligation) to return home. Do they have investments, property to maintain or receive a pension that must be collected in home country? Not family ties.

Last edited:

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Not clear how much they showed in bank statements, not your funds. So assume they can show $20k in their bank accounts (from you first post). For a 4-5 month visit that is not enough if you include airfare. Stating that they would “work” to look after your child because they are retired and in no rush to return home did not help their application at all.

Apply for a supervisa if you meet LICO for the number of people in your family. However you still need to address home ties.

They need to prove that they have a reason (notes say obligation) to return home. Do they have investments, property to maintain or receive a pension that must be collected in home country? Not family ties.
OP says in first application they only asked for 3 weeks and gave reason as tourism. I think they wrote "taking care of grand-kids" as first visa was also rejected on purpose of travel. Anyhow, the updated reason kind of made it worse. Rather than "taking care of grand-kids" they could have just mentioned meeting reuniting with family after pandemic or something around that.

But given two refusals for VV already OP needs to change the visa to a Super Visa and hope for the best!

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018