25-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-04-2012
File Transfer...
11-05-2012
Med's Request
30-05-2014
gaggidhillon said:
trackitt.com/member/KGC1 see this person profile his documents received on 31 jan he too got nothing
hmmm yes .... whats going on?!

I found two people here in same boat as us: cobweb and preetgagan
http://immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8975&PN=20&title=parents-sponsorship-90-days-deadline

gaggidhillon

Feb 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 april 2008
Doc's Request.
30 nov 2011
Nomination.....
27-jan-2012 doc send
AOR Received.
11-may-2012
File Transfer...
29 august 2012,AOR FROM NEW DELHI ON 9 OCTOBER 2012
Med's Request
08-NOV-2012
Med's Done....
07 dec 2012,ecas acknowledge medical on 30/12/12
Passport Req..
08-NOV-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06- march 2013 ("address change on 8 march"DM on 11 march")
LANDED..........
Last week of march
Snspring said:
hmmm yes .... whats going on?!

I found two people here in same boat as us: cobweb and preetgagan
immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8975&PN=20&title=parents-sponsorship-90-days-deadline
I think the officer reviewing these files are slow. Plz thx and keep in touch

Snspring

Feb 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO: Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-04-2012
File Transfer...
11-05-2012
Med's Request
30-05-2014
gaggidhillon said:
I think the officer reviewing these files are slow. Plz thx and keep in touch
I sure keep in touch!

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
sibnadian said:
Okay, I have some good news for me.
Just called CIC. The agent was awesome today!
He said that I have been approved.
He also said that one paper says that my mom's file is trasnferred to the local VO and another paper says it is transfered to Ottawa :eek: So he doesn't know (welcome to the CIC's mess).
I also asked him if my mom will have to do a medical exam again (she just did one for TRV)> he said "Not necessarily" and that they will have access to her medical file and it might save us some time. But no guarantee that she won't need it again. I guess it depends on the results.
Finally, he said that even though it is my mom's address in IMM008, all correspondence will be sent to me anyway (because i am a rep).
Finally, for my own mailing address, they had an address, which i moved out from 3 years ago (it changed twice after that :eek:). I guess it is a glitch because i was getting letters from CIC to my current address.
This is great! Since at least one paper says Ottawa, maybe you have hope for your file to be transferred there? Good luck -keep us updated.
And very interesting about the medicals...I am wondering if anyone had that experience (where at least something from visitor visa medicals got 'reused')

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anik,

They sent IMM1017 for TRV's medical. The same one gets sent for PR. So I can only keep my fingers crossed.
And I think my file will be sent to the regional VO:( The agent thought so, he said Ottawa is a big maybe.

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
sibnadian said:
Anik,

They sent IMM1017 for TRV's medical. The same one gets sent for PR. So I can only keep my fingers crossed.
And I think my file will be sent to the regional VO:( The agent thought so, he said Ottawa is a big maybe.
Hope not local (my case is even more complicated than yours so if yours is local VO then there is no hope for me for Ottawa for sure :-( )

You did not happen to ask them why they do not communicate to you via email, did you?

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Has anyone on ever received the sponsorship approval (with 'where transferred to' info) by EMAIL? Or is it always a postal mail letter (even if they sent email for other things recently like acknowledgements..)?

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anik said:
You did not happen to ask them why they do not communicate to you via email, did you?
No, I didn't. But i think sponsorship letters are sent by mail (?)
For my mom's TRV, the local VO sent medical forms by email.

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anik said:
Hope not local (my case is even more complicated than yours so if yours is local VO then there is no hope for me for Ottawa for sure :-( )
I honestly think it is random.

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
sibnadian said:
I honestly think it is random.
I agree - it is likely somewhat random for more or less straightforward cases but when more than 'average' level of local knowledge may be required then they probably assign to local VO
(e.g. many local papers, many past addresses, missing documents that can not be obtained, any other special circumstances etc...)

Feri

Mar 9, 2012
Teri, in 2011 they processed 43 persons under the category, so, if they have 16 cases ad Dec 31, maybe there is a chance the 2012 quota of 70 will be able to accomodate our applications given the fact we were one of the first ones to be transferred there. Sorry, they received 43 applications in 2011 and not processed...they processed 62 cases in 2011. The volumes show a sharply decreasing trend in applications since 2008 so let's keep our fingers crossed...

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just received a mail from CIC. I am approved and my case is trasnfered to Ottawa Pilot Centre.

Shuga

Nov 26, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
03-03-2012 and 03-07-2012
sibnadian said:
I am approved and my case is trasnfered to Ottawa Pilot Centre.
congratulations!

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
sibnadian said:
I just received a mail from CIC. I am approved and my case is trasnfered to Ottawa Pilot Centre.
Congratulations! Hopefully it will move fast
(yes, complicated now with medical - but still maybe they will consider the exam that your mom just had (given it was so close) and it will actually speed up the process and work out well for you? Just a glimse of such hope?

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anik said:
Congratulations! Hopefully it will move fast
(yes, complicated now with medical - but still maybe they will consider the exam that your mom just had (given it was so close) and it will actually speed up the process and work out well for you? Just a glimse of such hope?
thanks Anik. I emailed Ottawa and explained everything as well as attached the forms that the Embassy sent to my mom (IMM1017). Fingers crossed!

Thanks Shuga.