25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
03-03-2012 and 03-07-2012
Anik said:
Yes, I am wondering where they got the address for my father - from past applications or from any of my papers...
Regarding hte bolded part: did you enter your parents actual address anywhere in IMM008? I recall entering their home country adrress as their home address and my canadian one as mailing address
we filled in my parents home country address as their residential address and my canadian address as mailing address... but i dont see ANY address in ecas when i look by my parents UCI or file number...

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, rajmalhotra7 for your input.

This is interesting as I read on IMM 008 (wasn't smart enough to read fine print when was filling out the forms)
Current mailing adreess
-All correspondence will go to this address unless you indicate your email address below
-If you wish to authorize the release of information from your application to a representative, indictae their email and mailing addresses in this section and on the IMM5476 form.

This "and" confused me. :eek:

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Shuga said:
we filled in my parents home country address as their residential address and my canadian address as mailing address... but i dont see ANY address in ecas when i look by my parents UCI or file number...
I did exactly the same.
Interestingly, the format of the home country address currenly on file for my parents application (judging by some symbols showing as literal translation from our native language) does NOT look the same way as I typed it in IMM008 (have to double check though - can't recall). So I am wondering whether this data somehow got pulled from an older application that my parents submitted for visitor visas...(i.e. say if they created a new perm residence application file but then found my father's existing UCI in the system and linked those, thus bringing in the address from his record as previously recorded)?

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sibnadian said:
Thanks, rajmalhotra7 for your input.

This is interesting as I read on IMM 008 (wasn't smart enough to read fine print when was filling out the forms)
Current mailing adreess
-All correspondence will go to this address unless you indicate your email address below
-If you wish to authorize the release of information from your application to a representative, indictae their email and mailing addresses in this section and on the IMM5476 form.

This "and" confused me. :eek:
You are correct my friend. I filled the IMM0008 form wrong as well. Anyways, no issues for me so far. I'd suggest you to call CIC and ask them what to do.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajmalhotra7 said:
You are correct my friend. I filled the IMM0008 form wrong as well. Anyways, no issues for me so far. I'd suggest you to call CIC and ask them what to do.
I really dont remember what made me do that. I am sure I read each and every word of all forms.. So, if I had provided different address in IMM0008 and IMM5476, I would have done for purpose and not by mistake. One reason I can think of is that If file goes to local visa office, it would be easier for them to communicate on my parents mailing address. Rather than I getting the mails in Canada from India. The chances of mails getting misplaced becomes higher. And the reason I became representative was to be able to inquire on my parents PR file status. Had I not become representative, CIC or local visa office would not talk to me on my parents file, even if I am the sponsor.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
On trackit website with shuga, rajmalhotra...

6 Mar 08: Originally Applied
6 Feb 11: Sent Additional Doc
25 Mar 11: Ecas Changed: Decision Made ( Saw it change Live on Saturday Night 11:30 P.S.T )
02 Apr 11: Received Letter stating Application Complete
Waiting..

Other Info:
Only Parents
Parents Mailing Address: India with my email
Didn't fill Representative form
Didn't have Parents Birth Certificate, sent other docs with explanation

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
user828 said:
On trackit website with shuga, rajmalhotra...

6 Mar 08: Originally Applied
6 Feb 11: Sent Additional Doc
25 Mar 11: Ecas Changed: Decision Made ( Saw it change Live on Saturday Night 11:30 P.S.T )
02 Apr 11: Received Letter stating Application Complete
Waiting..
Congrats with the progress! Hope the decision is positive and the office is where you want it to be!
So you did not receive any email from them, did you? The April 2 letter was by mail, correct?

Trying to understand their logic - why they communicate via email to some and via mail only with others...

Do you know already where your file is transferred?

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anik, what i gather is that understanding their logic is "mission impossible" so to speak ;D

I called CIC today about my status (hoped that they will tell me that my sponsorship was approved as they told some people over the phone while people were waiting for their letters). Instead, she told me that she doesn't know anything and that CIC is reviwing sponsorship from Septemeber 2007 ;D

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Those who called CIC: which phone number are you using? Is it hard to get through?

I am still confused why it seems like they fixed the error in my last name (judging by the most recent email I received - it now shows a correct last name) but ecas still shows (and does lookup) by the incorrect spelling.
Plus the thing with my father mailing address showing up somewhat incorrectly when I look up by his file number that was recently created (let alone that I put MY address as mailing address and they show his...)

Weird...THinking about calling them regarding that...

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
sibnadian said:
Anik, what i gather is that understanding their logic is "mission impossible" so to speak ;D

I called CIC today about my status (hoped that they will tell me that my sponsorship was approved as they told some people over the phone while people were waiting for their letters). Instead, she told me that she doesn't know anything and that CIC is reviwing sponsorship from Septemeber 2007 ;D
Looks like you were 'lucky' enough to get some operator that did not have any clue what he or she is doing ;D
(S)he was probably googling 'processing times' while having you on the phone :D

WHich number did you use? Was it hard to get through

Still no letter? I recall Shuga saw 'decision made' status and then waited for the letter for quite a while too...

karan1916

Star Member
Jul 18, 2005
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
File Transfer...
1-03-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2013
LANDED..........
June 2013
Hi I have been following the thread for a while now. Wanted to update that I got additional documents request today. The letter is dated March 30th.

I applied in June 2009. So i guess they are now asking for additional documents from June 2009 applicants.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
CIC reps are like Good mechanic/bad mechanic, I have actually never called them as I figure it won't affect my application, instead can give upsetting replies and confusion. It's best to follow folks here

From what I understand - I will probably get approved/denied letter in next 2-3-4 days, then around 25-30 days it will be meds via email ( if sent to Ottawa )out of which 2-3 days would have been deducted as the email content date would be different

BTW, how many here have their files xfered to Local Office?

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
user828 , what does your ecas say about when your letter was sent to you?
Mine says 28th of March.
I don't expect to get it until April 8-10 or so.
I am judging by the previous letter i received that my app is complete. It is dated March 18 on the letter but they mailed it out (postal stamp) on March 26.

Also, guys whose file was transfered to VO/Ottawa, is the actual date of transfer is when they create the sponsorship approval letter or when they actually mail it out? E.g., letter created on Jan 15 but sent out on Jan 25? Which date is the transfer to VO date, 15 or 25th?