25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
03-03-2012 and 03-07-2012
sakamath said:
I would not worry too much about criminality/security checks. Thats the last thing (if not any thing), that would prevent a parent from getting visas. And I am talking about hardworking people like those on this forum.
what do you mean you would not worry?
i'm worried about timing... they have to complete criminality and security - correct? but CIC haven't started yet even if received police certificate in February and passed medicals in July...

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sakamath said:
Not sure where you got this info from.
it was on cic website. People gave links to this earlier in this thread. I am a bit busy now to look for it.

Kerria

Sep 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
News on my side...
This morning, I got e-mail (me, as a sponsor, and not my mom, as the sponsored person), issued from our LVO.
It says that:

The processing of your relative's application to immigrate to Canada has reached the stage where the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) must be paid. This fee must be paid in Canada .
Please mail the original proof of payment to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga. Once confirmation received from Case Processing Centre in Mississauga that the fee has been paid we will be in contact with your relative for the final stage of the processing.

So, that's good news, am I right?
Requesting the landing fee (RPRF) is a sign that her PR application got approved... I assume... Could they request it and then refund it, if the application would - hypothetically- get refused?

I remind you that I started in August 2007, before the NOV2011 & Ottawa pilot moment

Timeline:
Started: Aug 2007
Sponsorship accepted: Jan 2011
PR application file deposed at LVO by my mom: March 2011
Meds requested: March 2012
Meds done: 25 Apr 2012
Ecas showing In PROCESS (with 3 lines): Aug 28 2012 ... still not updated

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
Kerria said:
Requesting the landing fee (RPRF) is a sign that her PR application got approved... I assume... Could they request it and then refund it, if the application would - hypothetically- get refused?
Yes, that's a really good news for you. Forget the hypothesis. You were stressed long enough in this process!

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sakamath, if you look at any guide for any class now, it says clearly "The certificate must have been issued no more than three months prior to submitting your application. If the original certificate is not in English or French, then you will need to submit both the certificate and the original copy of the translation prepared by an accredited translator".
It used to say this on the very front page of info about PCCs-bu they removed all references to validity and timelines. However, they incorporated this info into the Guides itself.
But yes, it is valid for 12 months.
Doesn't make sense but oh well.

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Shuga said:
what do you mean you would not worry?
I strongly suspect CIC uses the criminality/security for a lot of reasons other than criminality/security. For one, it can be used to space out the visas being issued or else, just to refuse an application.

Unless there were red flags raised during the processing of an application (name turned up in blacklists of sorts or applicant worked in sensitive areas like police/military), I doubt CIC would undertake a detailed background checks on each and every applicant - especially when it comes to children and parents.

As for the timing, you have a year from the date of your parent's medical (hope they would take the date of the 2nd medicals and not the 1st) for the purpose of validity. Is that what you were concerned about?

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
sibnadian said:
...it says clearly "The certificate must have been issued no more than three months prior to submitting your application...
But yes, it is valid for 12 months.
Doesn't make sense but oh well.
What this means is, if you submitted your application on Mar 31st, then the PCC should not have been issued earlier than Jan 1. It can be submitted at any time after Mar 31 (but before the 12 month validity).

This should now make sense, right? :)

Shuga

Nov 26, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
sakamath said:
I strongly suspect CIC uses the criminality/security for a lot of reasons other than criminality/security. For one, it can be used to space out the visas being issued or else, just to refuse an application.

As for the timing, you have a year from the date of your parent's medical (hope they would take the date of the 2nd medicals and not the 1st) for the purpose of validity. Is that what you were concerned about?
it's 12 months from the first medicals...
i'm not very concerned about criminality/security per se - my parents are not criminals, they did not serve in polilce/government/army... i'm just concerned that it takes too long :)

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sakamath,
yes, makes sense to me. But i am not exactly certain that CIC interprets it your way. At least, all CIC agents I talked to over the phone interpreted it as follows: PCCs must be submitted to the CIC Office no later than three months after the issue date. I had this dilemma with my mom's PCC: to send or not to send before the request came out.

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Shuga said:
i'm just concerned that it takes too long
There are at least 2 persons on our spreadsheet who are from India and got their visa in less than 2 months from the medicals. So don't worry, our turn would come too. I still believe, that CIC is issuing visas based on the original application date - its true for 2008 applicants. Can't say how 2007 applications are being handled.

Dancu

Aug 17, 2012
Kerria said:
News on my side...
This morning, I got e-mail (me, as a sponsor, and not my mom, as the sponsored person), issued from our LVO.
It says that:

The processing of your relative's application to immigrate to Canada has reached the stage where the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) must be paid. This fee must be paid in Canada .
Please mail the original proof of payment to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga. Once confirmation received from Case Processing Centre in Mississauga that the fee has been paid we will be in contact with your relative for the final stage of the processing.

I remind you that I started in August 2007, before the NOV2011 & Ottawa pilot moment

Timeline:
Started: Aug 2007
Sponsorship accepted: Jan 2011
PR application file deposed at LVO by my mom: March 2011
Meds requested: March 2012
Meds done: 25 Apr 2012
Ecas showing In PROCESS (with 3 lines): Aug 28 2012 ... still not updated
Congratulations! You should get the passport request very soon now.

I'm also from Romania. My mother's PR application is with CPP-Ottawa. I expect the LVO from Bucharest will send us the request for passport - hopefully soon since from August 4th the E-Cas shows "Decision Made" but we still received no communication.

I'm wondering if all communications you and your mother had from Bucharest LVO were by email? My mother now is visiting me in Canada and we wrote this in a letter to CPP-Ottawa so that they know the communication should be made through me, my mother's representative. But I'm just worried whether the Bucharest LVO might send the passport request by mail to my mother's address in Romania.

Thanks!

Shuga

Nov 26, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
sakamath said:
i don't understand...
do you mean that CIC can do something elase instead of doing security/criminality checks?

Shuga

Nov 26, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
sakamath said:
There are at least 2 persons on our spreadsheet who are from India and got their visa in less than 2 months from the medicals. So don't worry, our turn would come too. I still believe, that CIC is issuing visas based on the original application date - its true for 2008 applicants. Can't say how 2007 applications are being handled.
my case is in CPP-O... i don't see people from CPP-O getting visas after 2 months from medicals... people from CPP-O with medicals in March-April just starting getting visas...

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
sakamath said:
Not sure where you got this info from.
Here we go again :) I believe we discussed this before - here is the official link from CIC website
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

Middle of the section "HOw to obtain police certificate?"

The certificate must have been issued no more than three months before you submit your application.

The only issue with the "new" process (i.e. the since Nov 2011 letters) that it is now unclear what the application date is for the second stage. In the past it used to be clear as parents had to submit stage 2 PR application to LVO (once sponsor was approved) and PCCs were a part if this stage 2 application and the application had a clear submission date.

What would be the application date now? Is it the date the parents put in their PR application forms which were submitted as per additional document reques letters (nov 2011 and march 2012 ones)

Once submitted, the certificate is valid for12 months but it is unclear how they will apply the 3 month rule now...