26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
sibnadian said:
... I don't even really care anymore. Whatever and whenever happens...I found it is healthier for me to just relax ;D
That's the way to go. Perspective is what we need to look at. Before CIC changed the process, we were resigned to a 6-7 years wait - we never went to e-cas to check the status. Now that something is happening, we want everything to happen NOW. I while away my time by applying for CAIPS notes. It takes about a month to arrive. A week after it comes, I'll apply for another. At least, once or twice a month I'll have one mail from CIC in my mail box :) And before you know CIC might send me the letter I want to read.

btw, Is it true that background check takes less time for parents who are older than 75 years? I hope it is true.

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I should probably order FOSS notes as well. But I think I will wait for a couple of weeks.

Shuga

Nov 26, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
03-03-2012 and 03-07-2012
sibnadian said:
I should probably order FOSS notes as well. But I think I will wait for a couple of weeks.
i ordered FOSS in Feb, received Mid March and ordered again in the beginning of April... i think it's the only way to get reliable detailed information from CIC... agents are not reliable... ecas is not detailed enough...

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shuga said:
i ordered FOSS in Feb, received Mid March and ordered again in the beginning of April... i think it's the only way to get reliable detailed information from CIC... agents are not reliable... ecas is not detailed enough...
yes, it is the only reliable info. But it doesn't speed up the process. I guess we are not very curious at this point yet what exactly they are doing with our file. If don't hear from them in a month or so, then i might order FOSS and CAIPS (for TRV) to see where they are at.

Shuga, when you ordered at the beginning of April, did you ahve to submit the consent form from your parents? OR did you just use the one they signed in Nov/dec?

salyrm

Star Member
Apr 8, 2012
Hi Guys

I have a question, if I am to get the PCC but it is in a native language, should I translate it and get it certified and send both original native as well as certified translated copy?
My mom whom I am sponsoring is an elderly lady over 75 years old and living by herself back home. I am trying to make it less stress for her to do all those procedures. Please advise??
By the way my time line is:
Applied in June 16, 2009
Aknowledge June 28, 2009
Additional Documets requested: April 10, 2012

salyrm

Star Member
Apr 8, 2012
Hi Everyone

Could someone help me with this issue. I am not so good with PDF files, the form IMM5669, is a bit of tricky for me. Every time I need to add or change some information, it won't let me, and I have to begin from scratch to write all the info. It says that this document has a password and tht I want be able to edit or add any info at that document. I do not have the same problem with the other forms IMM008, or IMM5406. It is only that one IMM5669. Did anyone experienced the same issue?? Does anyone know how to overcome that obstacle???
Thanks

Shuga

Nov 26, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
03-03-2012 and 03-07-2012
sibnadian said:
Shuga, when you ordered at the beginning of April, did you ahve to submit the consent form from your parents? OR did you just use the one they signed in Nov/dec?
my parent signed a consent and i sent it with my first foss request in Feb ... then i asked them to sign another consent and send me by e-mail (a scan copy) - I printed it and send along with my second FOSS request... not sure if it's going to work or not...

raatri

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2008
Doc's Request.
11-11-2011
Nomination.....
Approved as Sponsor
AOR Received.
14-05-2012
IELTS Request
PCCs received April 16, 2012
File Transfer...
May 22, 2012
Med's Request
Waiting..
sakamath said:
That's the way to go. Perspective is what we need to look at. Before CIC changed the process, we were resigned to a 6-7 years wait - we never went to e-cas to check the status. Now that something is happening, we want everything to happen NOW. I while away my time by applying for CAIPS notes. It takes about a month to arrive. A week after it comes, I'll apply for another. At least, once or twice a month I'll have one mail from CIC in my mail box :) And before you know CIC might send me the letter I want to read.

btw, Is it true that background check takes less time for parents who are older than 75 years? I hope it is true.
you may be right but then again knowing something is happening really works at the back of your mind!
i had a dream last night that my parents sponsorship was done and they are coming here this year!! i was so excited and woke up with a smile only to see that im in my room dreaming about it :(

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Shuga said:
my parent signed a consent and i sent it with my first foss request in Feb ... then i asked them to sign another consent and send me by e-mail (a scan copy) - I printed it and send along with my second FOSS request... not sure if it's going to work or not...
I believe a consent form has to be sent each time you make a request for CAIPS/GCMS notes. I had applied for mine via email, lets see if they accept that. If they do, then there is no hazzle of printing forms and mailing them.

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
sakamath said:
Well, you are right on one hand. On the other hand, since I applied in Dec 2007 the things got worse and worse. I did not expect the process to be as fast as it was before 2007 (it used to take 3-4 months to get through the first stage! ), but what happened over the last 4 years was really frustrating. And they gladly took our money by the way
Let alone that last 'freeze' since march 2010 where we lost another year of wait (if only I applied several months earlier - some people who were before Sep 2007 actually just got their visas recenly)

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
sakamath said:
I believe a consent form has to be sent each time you make a request for CAIPS/GCMS notes. I had applied for mine via email, lets see if they accept that. If they do, then there is no hazzle of printing forms and mailing them.
Please let us know if they accept it. Much appreciated!

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
salyrm said:
...I have a question, if I am to get the PCC but it is in a native language, should I translate it and get it certified and send both original native as well as certified translated copy?
Any document, which is not in English/French must be translated and the original certified translated document must be sent along with the document in the native language (pcc must be sent in original). If the document has both English (or French) and the native language then there is no need for a certified translated copy.

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
raatri said:
i had a dream last night that my parents sponsorship was done and they are coming here this year!! i was so excited and woke up with a smile only to see that im in my room dreaming about it
It is said that early morning dreams do come true!

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Anik said:
Please let us know if they accept it. Much appreciated!
For sure, I would. I expect the reply sometime in the 2nd week of May (as I had made the request on the 1st of April).