Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
I recieved my last GCMS notes which shows file completion. They searched my ( sponsor ) FOSS record even on the last day, to determine of anything wrong with my situation such as criminal etc

I googled FOSS and found this

IMDB is a database that is managed by Statistics Canada on behalf of a federal-provincial consortium led by CIC. This database links records from FOSS to Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) tax files (mainly T1 data). It is a tax filer database that contains information on all landed immigrants in Canada since 1980 who have filed at least one tax return

So I assume thats how they know if sponsor falls under the LICO at a given point

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
liz225 said:
This is our timeline

Application submitted mississauga 2007
Application was refused because of Lico
File was still transferred to Vienna May 2012
Vienna just refused it again for LiCo!

I'm so frustrated because it took so long for them
To Deny it.

How does the appeal work? And what do they request?
If you didn't meet LICO ( unless close ) you can pretty much forget about it. Appeal will take a long time and you can only convince them from humanitarian perspective as they didn't make a mistake in calculation. Contact a good lawyer who will take the case anyway for a hefty fee but I am afraid this is a tough one to beat

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
user828 said:
I recieved my last GCMS notes which shows file completion. They searched my ( sponsor ) FOSS record even on the last day, to determine of anything wrong with my situation such as criminal etc

IMDB is a database that is managed by Statistics Canada on behalf of a federal-provincial consortium led by CIC. This database links records from FOSS to Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) tax files (mainly T1 data). It is a tax filer database that contains information on all landed immigrants in Canada since 1980 who have filed at least one tax return

So I assume thats how they know if sponsor falls under the LICO at a given point
Are FOSS and GCMS not the same? I googled it, it is being superseded by GCMS.

Tina Gill

Jan 6, 2013
Thanks Sidhu :D
Thanks Suin :D

Today the status in ECAS changed to Decision made. It is showing four lines now.

Those who are waiting, I would suggest send an email enquiry to them. I did that in the past and when you send it, they somehow get back to your file and the next step starts. Touch wood!

Will be going to India in May to get my loving mom here. Very long wait but now it doesn't matter. I hope everyone feels this joy soon :D :D

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
starzibal said:
Are FOSS and GCMS not the same? I googled it, it is being superseded by GCMS.
FOSS = field operations support system, it is used by CIC/CBSA in-Canada. at POE and in-Canada offices.

GCMS is for cases that are filed and/or in various stages of processing, includes both PR and citizenship, etc.

sidhu1982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Tina Gill said:
Thanks Sidhu :D
Thanks Suin :D

Today the status in ECAS changed to Decision made. It is showing four lines now.

Those who are waiting, I would suggest send an email enquiry to them. I did that in the past and when you send it, they somehow get back to your file and the next step starts. Touch wood!

Will be going to India in May to get my loving mom here. Very long wait but now it doesn't matter. I hope everyone feels this joy soon :D :D
congrats thats awesome news :)

Muhriz

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Hello Everybody,

Need some suggestion/guidance with this situation.

I have applied for my parents PR in July 2009 with two dependents, file is currently in LVO (ISB) and last update was that of medical received (medicals were completed at end of March 2013) so it will be expiring in this March.

One of the dependent (my brother) is currently pursuing M.Phil (business/finance/human resources) which is ending in Feb. My understanding is, in order to be eligible for PR dependent needs to be full time student. When i talked to my brother he told me that he have inquired about PHD as possible next step but have problems as follows:

1. Most of the universities offering PHD requires thesis completed at M.Phil but my brother didn't had that.
2. Even if he is able to get into PHD somehow that is offered over the weekend or limited classes (as is the case with probably with any PHD). Does this qualify for being full time studies.

Can somebody advise what are the possible options for him to be eligible for PR? My brother was little less than 21 years at time of original application.

Much appreciated.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
user828 said:

And what if there's a co-signer on the application and s/he is Canadian born citizen? Do they contact the CRA directly?

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Suin said:
And what if there's a co-signer on the application and s/he is Canadian born citizen? Do they contact the CRA directly?
Then they should meet the LICO with the co-signer, I don't think being a citizen is of any relevance. Only an insider could tell how they contact CRA or FOSS tells them but we've seen them asking sponsors for financial info after approval stage ( coincidentally from those who went short or had some change in their financials ) but in Liz's case, she chose to let CIC-M send it to Vienna ( if not approved ) and they simply sought the same answer
IMO, she should have set cancel sponsorship if she knew that CIC-M would refuse it for not meeting LICO and tried again

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Muhriz said:
Hello Everybody,

Need some suggestion/guidance with this situation.

I have applied for my parents PR in July 2009 with two dependents, file is currently in LVO (ISB) and last update was that of medical received (medicals were completed at end of March 2013) so it will be expiring in this March.

One of the dependent (my brother) is currently pursuing M.Phil (business/finance/human resources) which is ending in Feb. My understanding is, in order to be eligible for PR dependent needs to be full time student. When i talked to my brother he told me that he have inquired about PHD as possible next step but have problems as follows:

1. Most of the universities offering PHD requires thesis completed at M.Phil but my brother didn't had that.
2. Even if he is able to get into PHD somehow that is offered over the weekend or limited classes (as is the case with probably with any PHD). Does this qualify for being full time studies.

Can somebody advise what are the possible options for him to be eligible for PR? My brother was little less than 21 years at time of original application.

Much appreciated.
If he was less than 21, should be Ok

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
top1 said:
Parents received the passport with visa stamped and valid till June 2014. God BLESS everyone.
Congratulations! :) What is your timeline?

top1

Sep 24, 2013
Suin said:
Congratulations! :) What is your timeline?

1.We received your application for permanent residence on Mar 3, 2009.

2.We started processing your application on December 1, 2013.

3.Medical results have been received.

4.A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision. 24th Jan

5. Passport received on 31 Jan 2014