+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents sponsership joine here

irfan.khyam

Sep 5, 2013
manukhan said:
No reason for the two medicals. Nothing that we know of at least. We have sent numerous emails, mails and faxes to ask about the two medicals... But i feel I am talking to a wall. Anyways, its been one year since the file is "in process" and been 8 months since the medicals done.

Will they let this medical expire too???? I need motivation :(
What is the status of your application? In process? ours is still application received.

hammad123455

Star Member
Oct 5, 2013
Has any one any idea that my sister sponsored us UNDER PARRENTS AND GRAND PARRENTS "including 3 dependent childern" in 2010 from Mississuage CPC, In August we were asked to fill variuous forms and were asked to submit police report, birth certificate and personal history etc within 3 monts. we filed all these to Mississauga CPC in early October 2013 and the Canadian Post receipt print out shows that the case was received.

NOW HAS ANY ONE ANY IDEA THAT HOW LONG MISSISSAUGA CPC TAKES TO FURTHER TAKE UP OUR CASE AND WHAT COULD BE THE NEXT STEPS?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hammad123455 said:
Has any one any idea that my sister sponsored us UNDER PARRENTS AND GRAND PARRENTS "including 3 dependent childern" in 2010 from Mississuage CPC, In August we were asked to fill variuous forms and were asked to submit police report, birth certificate and personal history etc within 3 monts. we filed all these to Mississauga CPC in early October 2013 and the Canadian Post receipt print out shows that the case was received.

NOW HAS ANY ONE ANY IDEA THAT HOW LONG MISSISSAUGA CPC TAKES TO FURTHER TAKE UP OUR CASE AND WHAT COULD BE THE NEXT STEPS?
Mississauga takes 41 months to complete their processing - so you should be done this phase of the process soon. You can see processing times here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

Your application will then be sent to the local visa office for stage 2 processing. You can see processing times here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-parents.asp

Tp

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2008
Doc's Request.
October 2013
AOR Received.
July 2014
File Transfer...
November 18, 2014
Med's Request
April18, 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015
Passport Req..
Mar 21, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2016
Question on completing form IMM008:
FOr contact information; Should i include the phone number of principal applicant in India or should i give mine here in Canada. Do they need the phone number to call the principal applicant or can the sponsor (me) answer any question for my parents and give my canada number? Please advise. Thank you

I am giving my email id as a contact email instead of my parents. I guess it wil be ok, because my parents dont use email.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Tp said:
FOr contact information; Should i include the phone number of principal applicant in India or should i give mine here in Canada. Do they need the phone number to call the principal applicant or can the sponsor (me) answer any question for my parents and give my canada number? Please advise. Thank you

I am giving my email id as a contact email instead of my parents. I guess it wil be ok, because my parents dont use email.
Most communication these days is by Email......so give that for sure, doesn't matter as long as you guys get the messages.

If your parents have reliable address and phone number, give those. If not, they can use your address as "mailing address" and use their own address as the "residential address", that way all mail/letters will be sent to mailing address (your address in Canada). Not an issue.
Just make sure there is voicemail on phone (if you give yours), or if they give theirs, someone can be at home to answer phone calls.

Tp

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2008
Doc's Request.
October 2013
AOR Received.
July 2014
File Transfer...
November 18, 2014
Med's Request
April18, 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015
Passport Req..
Mar 21, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2016
canvis2006 said:
Most communication these days is by Email......so give that for sure, doesn't matter as long as you guys get the messages.

If your parents have reliable address and phone number, give those. If not, they can use your address as "mailing address" and use their own address as the "residential address", that way all mail/letters will be sent to mailing address (your address in Canada). Not an issue.
Just make sure there is voicemail on phone (if you give yours), or if they give theirs, someone can be at home to answer phone calls.
Thank you so much Canvis2006 for clarifying my doubts. That was very helpful.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
hammad123455 said:

It takes up to 10 weeks for CPC-Mississauga to process the 1st step - the sponsor's eligibility - from the date it was received by Mississauga.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
Tp said:

Do you act as your parents' representative? If yes, you can give them your Canadian phone number, otherwise they will not talk to you - the matter of the privacy act.

Email - no problem, you can give them yours, as any member of the family can access it and they do not care much.

Tp

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2008
Doc's Request.
October 2013
AOR Received.
July 2014
File Transfer...
November 18, 2014
Med's Request
April18, 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015
Passport Req..
Mar 21, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2016
Suin said:
Do you act as your parents' representative? If yes, you can give them your Canadian phone number, otherwise they will not talk to you - the matter of the privacy act.

Email - no problem, you can give them yours, as any member of the family can access it and they do not care much.
Thanks Suin. I am not my parents representative. The only concern about giving my parents phone number is in case my parent miss any call from cic. Parent address is permanent so am ok.

Tp

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2008
Doc's Request.
October 2013
AOR Received.
July 2014
File Transfer...
November 18, 2014
Med's Request
April18, 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015
Passport Req..
Mar 21, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2016
Tp said:
Thanks Suin. I am not my parents representative. The only concern about giving my parents phone number is in case my parent miss any call from cic. Parent address is permanent so am ok.
Another question :)
How much important it is to provide details of my parents parent (i.e. my grandparents). On form IMM5669 they require grandparents info, but it is very hard to find their date of birth or the date if deceased.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
Tp said:
How much important it is to provide details of my parents parent (i.e. my grandparents). On form IMM5669 they require grandparents info, but it is very hard to find their date of birth or the date if deceased.
If they are deceased it does not really matter much, if you remember the years - that is enough. For the day and month just mention n/a. But you need to mention at least the years.

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
Tp said:
Even the year doesn't have to be certain you can use your best guess (ask your mom and dad or any relative) then explain in a separate sheet about this why did you mentioned year of birth.

helping canadian

Aug 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sonu86 said:
First of all a very happy Diwali to all of you....on this auspicious day i want to share that Finally after such a longggg wait my e-cas showed DECISION MADE on my parents PR application :) :) :)
Now the question is that their meds were done on Nov 20. 2012 but GCMS notes says validity until Dec. 24/2013. Does anyone have an idea approximately how long does it take for PP to be recieved after DM? If meds are expiring on Nov.20 then definitly my parents have to land before that day but not sure if expiry will be Dec. 24....Will see
Wishing all the best to you all.....
HELOO SONU 86 CONGRAATSSS DIWALII GIFT HAS BEEN RECIEVED MANY MANY CONGRATULATION,,, PLS I WANT TO KNOW ABT DEPENDENT AND TRAVEL HISTORY IN UR CASE SO PLS CAN U SHARE MEE HOW MANY DEPENDEENTS WERRE THERE IN UR APPLICATION AND ABOVE 22 OR BELOW 22 AND TRAVEL HISTORY.. THANKS AN EARLY REPLY IS AWAITED...

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec 2007
Doc's Request.
nov 2011
AOR Received.
july 2012
Med's Request
1st- 10 oct 2012, 2nd- 7 nov 2014
Med's Done....
1st- 1 nov 2012, 2nd- 12 nov 2014
Passport Req..
21 nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
20 nov 2014 got pp on 8 dec 2014
LANDED..........
soon
sonu86 said:
First of all a very happy Diwali to all of you....on this auspicious day i want to share that Finally after such a longggg wait my e-cas showed DECISION MADE on my parents PR application :) :) :)
Now the question is that their meds were done on Nov 20. 2012 but GCMS notes says validity until Dec. 24/2013. Does anyone have an idea approximately how long does it take for PP to be recieved after DM? If meds are expiring on Nov.20 then definitly my parents have to land before that day but not sure if expiry will be Dec. 24....Will see
Wishing all the best to you all.....
congratsss,,,,u get it after long time,,but we r still waiting with expired medicals.....wht decisions they have take abt ur sistr over 22?

manukhan

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Jun 2007
Doc's Request.
02 Feb 2011
AOR Received.
02 Feb 2011
File Transfer...
22 Dec 2010
Med's Request
02 Jan 2012 & 17 Mar 2013
Med's Done....
28 Jan 2012 & 22 Mar 2013
Passport Req..
16 Jan 2014
itslaeq said:
I don't think the issue is with the quota. Under normal circumstances quota might have been fulfilled. But for the six months when the strike action was being taken by the foreign officers, I guess rarely visas were being issued not just at ND or ISB but other VOs as well. The reason could most probably be the backlog of these six months that is delaying our application further more.
Yes itslaeq, i agree with you. I am hopeful for the month of November until 25th December.