+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Multiple Entry Question - Manitoba

iamkamote666

Nov 12, 2012
Hi guys,

My in-laws just received their 4-year Multiple Entry Visa to Canada. Here are my questions:

1) I need to buy their plane tickets to come here. Money is tight right now and i wanna know if i can just get them a one way ticket coming here. Are they gonna have problems with immigration entering canada without a return flight?

2) Another reason why i dont want to buy plane tickets going back to the Philippines is because i want to have them extend their stay here. How can i process extending their stay here once they arrive?

3) While they are here in Canada, can i process a supervisa or apply them to be a temporary resident instead?

I need answers asap please since i need to get their tickets before all the plane ticket prices go up for the Christmas season.

Thanks for your help in advance! :)

T

torontonian999

Hi,

1) No need for return ticket (personal experience).
2) You can apply for extension of their stay online from the CIC website. It's $75 (personal experience).
3) Yes, you can apply to extend their stay through the Super Visa for up to 2 years even if they didn't come here on a Super Visa. You will need to meet requirements of Super Visa (meet the minimum income threshold, buy insurance, and have your in-laws pass the medical examination) (personal experience).

iamkamote666 said:
Hi guys,

My in-laws just received their 4-year Multiple Entry Visa to Canada. Here are my questions:

1) I need to buy their plane tickets to come here. Money is tight right now and i wanna know if i can just get them a one way ticket coming here. Are they gonna have problems with immigration entering canada without a return flight?

2) Another reason why i dont want to buy plane tickets going back to the Philippines is because i want to have them extend their stay here. How can i process extending their stay here once they arrive?

3) While they are here in Canada, can i process a supervisa or apply them to be a temporary resident instead?

I need answers asap please since i need to get their tickets before all the plane ticket prices go up for the Christmas season.

Thanks for your help in advance! :)

seher1

Nov 13, 2012
torontonian999 said:
Hi,

1) No need for return ticket (personal experience).
2) You can apply for extension of their stay online from the CIC website. It's $75 (personal experience).
3) Yes, you can apply to extend their stay through the Super Visa for up to 2 years even if they didn't come here on a Super Visa. You will need to meet requirements of Super Visa (meet the minimum income threshold, buy insurance, and have your in-laws pass the medical examination) (personal experience).
Hi Everyone!

I'm trying to sponsor my gradnma for my wedding in May. I will be travelling to Pakistan in March and would like her to come back with us, it'll make it easier for her too, as this will be her first time on a plane ever. I am from Toronto and she's in Lahore.

I am filling out the application, but then do I just send all the documents to her, for her to print out and sign and send to the embassy, or can I do all that on her behalf?

I read somewhere here that it took someone as short as 12 weeks for the the entire process - did that include the medical examination as well.

Also, do I then buy her ticket for March with return for September, now, or just place a booking, in case the application doesn't approve (which i hope doesn't happen).

Lost and confused. Please advise.