+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

Shankar Iyer

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
did anyone fill in the application for their parents, do you need them to sign the use of rep form?
Yes I did, i signed it and asked my parents to sign it also. If you appoint yourself as the rep life becomes much easier down the road when you deal with IRCC esp when you call them from inside Canada and you can talk to them on behalf of the parnets.

mithu0727

Jun 4, 2024
We received PCC request but not medicals. My mom is staying with us in Canada on Super visa. We submitted the PCC request to BLS, but they are saying it is going to take 2 months. We are only given 30 days to upload, what can be done here?
Canada immigration has new temporary policy according to which people who already had medical done within last 5 years (like someone had medical done before getting super VISA) then they won't be asked for another medical.
In-Canada applicants
We’ve put in place a temporary public policy for immigration medical exams (IMEs) until October 6, 2024.

If you completed an IME within 5 years of submitting your new application, include the IME number (or the unique medical identifier number) from your previous exam in your current application.

You may be exempt from completing another IME if you meet all of these conditions:

• You applied, or are applying, for either permanent residence or temporary residence.
  • You already live in Canada.
  • You completed your previous IME in the last 5 years.
  • Your previous IME indicated a low risk or no risk to public health or public safety.

Adeep2112

Mar 5, 2024
Canada immigration has new temporary policy according to which people who already had medical done within last 5 years (like someone had medical done before getting super VISA) then they won't be asked for another medical.
In-Canada applicants
We’ve put in place a temporary public policy for immigration medical exams (IMEs) until October 6, 2024.

If you completed an IME within 5 years of submitting your new application, include the IME number (or the unique medical identifier number) from your previous exam in your current application.

You may be exempt from completing another IME if you meet all of these conditions:

• You applied, or are applying, for either permanent residence or temporary residence.
  • You already live in Canada.
  • You completed your previous IME in the last 5 years.
  • Your previous IME indicated a low risk or no risk to public health or public safety.
Thank you

Rockstar999

May 29, 2024
Hi Everyone,

My application has reached the final step. Thank you so much to everyone for their input in this forum. Below is my timeline -

Interested submitted: 2020
Invitation received: October 16, 2023
Sponsoring: Parents-inside Canada
Application submitted: November 02, 2023
Additional info requested on: February 07, 2024 & February 17, 2024
(1st email requested proof of relationship with sponsor, 2nd email requested proof between both parents)
Info submitted for both requests: February 28, 2024
AOR received: March 05, 2024
Processing office: Case Processing Centre Mississauga
Biometrics requested: March 19, 2024
Sponsorship approval received: March 20, 2024
Biometrics completed: March 21, 2024
Medical requested: March 21, 2024
Medical received: March 27, 2024
Pre-arrival email received: April 01, 2024
PCC requested: April 03, 2024
PCC submitted: May 01, 2024
Final decision: May 06, 2024
Email 1 received for PR portal: May 07, 2024
Email 2 received for PR Portal: May 29, 2024
eCoPR: June 06, 2024

Good luck to all of you :)
Congratulations !!
Were your parents already in Canada at the time you applied ?
I got an invite to apply last week. My parents are here in Canada on visitor visa right now since last 6 months and heading back in couple of months.
Can you please advise what would you put in their current/residential address and the mailing address?
Thank you RS

pr_s

Oct 30, 2016
Hello everyone,

i am currently preparing application and was wondering if you can please provide insights on following based on your experience:

• Does use of representative form needs to be signed by both PA and accompanying dependent spouse or just by PA?
  • Do we also need to add travel in personal history (background declaration form 5669) in addition to employment and education ?
  • Address history requires all addresses for past 10 years. My parents visited canada twice and lived with me for 6 months each. Do i need to provide address where parents lived in Canada during previous visits ?

CecDec2013

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
How long it takes to update for medical once it's done? Medical is done on June 03 but in GCkey still says we have requested for medical

Nikhil shah

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I have question regarding Biometrics. so my parents did Biometric today. In their PR portal, do i need to upload anything? because the lady at biometric center said this will be updated on the site. my question is then why i have 2 uploads option in PR portal? Anyone can answer this?

PGPnow

Oct 17, 2022
Hello!! My parents received a letter asking payment for Biometrics although they do already have valid biometrics (they got them last year). My question is would the PR biometrics be different from the ones they got before (picture and fingerprints valid for 10 years) and should they go through the process again now?
Appreciate this forum so much :)

mithu0727

Jun 4, 2024
Hi,

I believe we(Indian education certificates) don't have parents name in their 10th and 12th certificates. If yes, why does IRCC needs those.

Did you try providing birth certificate which shows parents name.
Grade 10 and 12 CBSE certificates has father's name on it. Earlier I sent only birth certificate but they asked me to send more documents to prove my relationship with my father. So then I sent Grade 10 and 12 CBSE certificates as an additional documents to prove the relationship.

Last edited:

Nikhil shah

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I have question regarding Biometrics. so my parents did Biometric today. In their PR portal, do i need to upload anything? because the lady at biometric center said this will be updated on the site. my question is then why i have 2 uploads option in PR portal? Anyone can answer this?
Hello anyone can reply please. Thank you.

PGPnow

Oct 17, 2022
Hello!! My parents received a letter asking payment for Biometrics although they do already have valid biometrics (they got them last year). My question is would the PR biometrics be different from the ones they got before (picture and fingerprints valid for 10 years) and should they go through the process again now?
Appreciate this forum so much :)
Any suggestions?