+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
PGP 2024 - stupid question, did you guys translate CVs with professional translation services? or just did it yoursleves?
my parents have another child who is over 18, single and won't be coming to Canada, do I still need to submit her travels/ birth cert/ resume?

thanks!

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
PGP 2024 - stupid question, did you guys translate CVs with professional translation services? or just did it yoursleves?
my parents have another child who is over 18, single and won't be coming to Canada, do I still need to submit her travels/ birth cert/ resume?

thanks!
Write the CV in English, I am sure you can help them.
Is the child under 22 or over 22 years old? That's the definition of dependent. If she is under 22 years old and single, she NEEDS to be part of the application.
(I don't believe they request resume for dependent) But sure include her in all the required forms. She will need to go through medical exam as well. You can add her as non-accompanying dependent which means that she will not get COPR and land as PR. But all her info need to be in the application.

indbangalore

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Hi, can you please list pros and cons of using consultant to supmit application?
They will ask all the documents as per check list and fill out the form for you and ask money.
If you are willing to spend money then go ahead.
The application can be filled by you as representative for your parents.
Just read thoroughly and any doubts there are online forum and even youtube videos. You will have to spend time on it.
Also you will know better what to fill that the consultant who will ask more questions while filling the form for you.

pg23

Dec 7, 2023
They will ask all the documents as per check list and fill out the form for you and ask money.
If you are willing to spend money then go ahead.
The application can be filled by you as representative for your parents.
Just read thoroughly and any doubts there are online forum and even youtube videos. You will have to spend time on it.
Also you will know better what to fill that the consultant who will ask more questions while filling the form for you.
I agree with this view unless its difficult even for sponsor and they had utilised an consultant while processing their visa.. Consultants will only collect info from us and fill..Its like giving our watch and money to tell us the time
Please cross verify all the information that were provided while submitting visit visa or super visa for the parents and match the data. Its better to ensure it aligns and avoid back and forth queries and response which also add to time line..

Reactions: Quebec11D

navsingh01

Aug 1, 2014
Interest submitted: 2020
Invitation received: October 16, 2023
Sponsoring: Mother
Application submitted: December 7, 2023
Additional Information Request: March 20th 2024
Additional Docs Submitted: April 10th 2024
Additional Information Request: May 24th 2024 (IMM5476)
Additional Docs Submitted: June 5th 2024
AOR received: Not Yet
Processing Office: Case Processing Centre Mississauga
Biometrics requested: Provided in 2019 for supervisa
Medical requested:
Pre Approval letter:
PCC requested:
Sponsorship Approval received:
Medical performed:

We lived in Kenya and my mother and I maintained Indian citizenship and were dependant on my father during our time in Kenya. For the additional document request, we sent my mother's ID card, tax documents, property deed etc. from Kenya and my school certificates from Kenya as well as birth certificates and passports to show relationship. The email requested us to send Aadhar cards and high school documents which we did not have. I provided a letter explaining what our status was in Kenya. I'm hoping this is sufficient and doesn't cause any hiccups. There have been no further updates to the application since submitting the additional documents that were requested. Getting kind of nervous now seeing how everyone else's files are being processed so quickly :(
Update on this - we received a mail with another request to complete a document. I'm using a representative so they requested to have the IMM5476E document completed and sent.

Last edited:

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
Write the CV in English, I am sure you can help them.
Is the child under 22 or over 22 years old? That's the definition of dependent. If she is under 22 years old and single, she NEEDS to be part of the application.
(I don't believe they request resume for dependent) But sure include her in all the required forms. She will need to go through medical exam as well. You can add her as non-accompanying dependent which means that she will not get COPR and land as PR. But all her info need to be in the application.
thanks! she's 30 years old, I'll include her anyways

mithu0727

Jun 4, 2024
Bump!
I'm getting worried I did something wrong or that the application was not submitted successfully.
Yes I got the following email on the day I submitted my application:
This was written in the subject: Your Permanent Residence application has been successfully submitted. And rest some more detail mentioned in the email about when should we expect the AOR.

Adeep2112

Mar 5, 2024
We received PCC request but not medicals. My mom is staying with us in Canada on Super visa. We submitted the PCC request to BLS, but they are saying it is going to take 2 months. We are only given 30 days to upload, what can be done here?
Same here , got Pcc / Biometric request in April 24, since no medical or another progress.

nirjhar

Star Member
Aug 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
24-09-2013
Med's Request
02-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-10-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2015
Is anyone maintaining a tracking spreadsheet?

ali.tariq

May 29, 2011
App. Filed.......
25-05-2018
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
I was able to link on Jan 29, a month before getting AOR on Mar 5. Then complete silence till now. Not sure what’s going on.
May I please ask what information did you use to link the application? I have tried many times but haven't been successful.

mithu0727

Jun 4, 2024
Same here , got Pcc / Biometric request in April 24, since no medical or another progress.
Canada immigration has new temporary policy according to which people who already had medical done within last 5 years (like someone had medical done before getting super VISA) then they won't be asked for another medical.
In-Canada applicants
We’ve put in place a temporary public policy for immigration medical exams (IMEs) until October 6, 2024.

If you completed an IME within 5 years of submitting your new application, include the IME number (or the unique medical identifier number) from your previous exam in your current application.

You may be exempt from completing another IME if you meet all of these conditions:

• You applied, or are applying, for either permanent residence or temporary residence.
  • You already live in Canada.
  • You completed your previous IME in the last 5 years.
  • Your previous IME indicated a low risk or no risk to public health or public safety.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adeep2112