+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

Tykoon

Star Member
Dec 15, 2023
Fortunately, I just got PCC request yesterday.
Police certificates
You don’t need police certificates when you submit your complete application. We ask you for police certificates for the person being sponsored and all family members 18 or older (who aren’t already Canadian citizens or permanent residents) later in the application process.

Police certificates are generally valid for 1 year from the date they’re issued. Depending on processing times, we may ask you for new certificates.

NewUser()

May 12, 2017
Has anyone here applied for their grandparents (along with parents application)? It seems my parents file has started but no update on grandparent app.

Last edited:

navsingh01

Aug 1, 2014
Hi , I received this today . Can anyone help with the process for obtaining the PCC
-----
In order to minimize any delays in processing your file, the following documentation is required
for your sponsored family members. If not already included in your application, please obtain
and submit as soon as possible:
Police Certificate: The principal applicant and their dependant family member (if
applicable) must provide police certificates from:

• Their current country of residence if they have resided there for 6 months or more,
and
• The country where they have spent most of their adult life since the age of 18 (if
different than current country of residence).
Hey, where are your parents moving from? PCC is required from that country and the process is outlined on the website. We can guide you once you provide the info on the country they resided in.

gsshergill

Jul 12, 2022
Hello Everybody,
We need urgent help with one of the form for 2024 application, encountering error before uploading imm 1344e form

- Co-signer contact information -
The format you entered in the following field was incorrect:
1: Telephone No (Country Code)
The correct format is:
Must be numeric and must not start with '11'

office use validated section changes to NO once we save it after successful validation. This year we cant print and scan form, signatures are electronic and need to be uploaded after validation.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everybody,
We need urgent help with one of the form for 2024 application, encountering error before uploading imm 1344e form

- Co-signer contact information -
The format you entered in the following field was incorrect:
1: Telephone No (Country Code)
The correct format is:
Must be numeric and must not start with '11'

office use validated section changes to NO once we save it after successful validation. This year we cant print and scan form, signatures are electronic and need to be uploaded after validation.
What numbers did you typed?

sampri

Jun 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 23, 2014
AOR Received.
February 28, 2014 (sponsorship approval)
Interview........
E-Cas In Process on September 10, 2014; Decision Made on September 30, 2014
Passport Req..
September 30, 2014
Can someone please help with the question below:

is the expiration date on COPR the same as medical expiry date?
Many thanks

Solarmanng

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
Can someone please help with the question below:

is the expiration date on COPR the same as medical expiry date?
Many thanks
That is correct, it is tied to medical expiry date. "A COPR’s validity, which can last for up to one year, is tied to the applicant’s passport and their immigration medical examination." This is a quote from the link below:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2021/06/individuals-approved-for-permanent-residence-may-travel-to-canada-as-of-june-21.html

Reactions: sampri

sampri

Jun 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 23, 2014
AOR Received.
February 28, 2014 (sponsorship approval)
Interview........
E-Cas In Process on September 10, 2014; Decision Made on September 30, 2014
Passport Req..
September 30, 2014
That is correct, it is tied to medical expiry date. "A COPR’s validity, which can last for up to one year, is tied to the applicant’s passport and their immigration medical examination." This is a quote from the link below:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2021/06/individuals-approved-for-permanent-residence-may-travel-to-canada-as-of-june-21.html
Thanks for your response; however, I’ve seen a most recent case where medicals expiry date is May 2025 but the COPR expiry date is Jan 2025 and their passports are valid for years to come. So little confused if it depends on officer to officer.

storage

Jul 24, 2024
I sponsored my husband for PR in 2022 and he got it, so in financial evaluation form 5768 should I enter '1' in 3B) i) previous undertaking ??