+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

Rickie s

Aug 1, 2018
Hello everyone, Does anyone know that how much time it takes to process PCC in Punjab (India). I got request for PCC on May 14, it was done on May 17 through passport office, we did not get any other update for PCC docs so far.

rish1603

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Hi everyone,
I have a quick question regarding the IMM5476 form. Initially, I had submitted IMM5476 after receiving AOR via webform (sent both e-signed & hand-signed versions). Now I have received an email to resubmit the IMM5476 form and the message states to “Ensure that the appropriate sections of the form have been originally signed and dated in the proper format by all relevant parties.” The opening wording of the email states "We are unable to process them since some information is missing and requires further clarification". This makes me wonder if I should have put N/A in sections instead of leaving them blank and also if I made a mistake in Question 3 of Section A of the form.

I want to clarify what should I fill in for Question 3 of section A of the form:

If you have already submitted your application:
  • Name of office where application was submitted --
  • Type of application (permanent residence, extension of study permit, etc.) --
I had put CPC Mississauga in the first bullet point as that is the office processing my application and PGP Canada for the type of application. Was that incorrect?

P.S. -- To be safe, now I am now filling out the whole form by hand and not just hand-signing. Please help and guide, tysm.
Also, for Question 10 of Section D: Your Declaration, should my mom (dependent to Principal Applicant) sign the "Signature of Spouse or Common-law partner for sponsorship application" section? I saw in a youtube video that it only applies if you are doing spousal sponsorship and not parents sponsorship. Hoping to get answers to all the above soon.

anupjoginder

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022
Hi everyone, I hv few questions for PCC, first is - my parents are in Canada since more than one year and before that they were in USA. it could take more time for pcc? & from where to get?
My another question is since ircc hasn't asked to submit PCC yet, can I go ahead and apply for pcc for them and submit it through webform?
Another question is when I check the GC key account the status is showing no medical & biometric is required and no documents are required. Also the status showing submitted. What does this mean?
I called them and they say you don't need for medical, biometric but for Police clearance we will mail you. What should I do? Pls advice me. I'm worried.

Saggi09

Sep 24, 2021
Hello everyone, Does anyone know that how much time it takes to process PCC in Punjab (India). I got request for PCC on May 14, it was done on May 17 through passport office, we did not get any other update for PCC docs so far.
It can take a while. My parents got it almost a month after their initial appointment.

hcyrusr

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY - NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-02-2014
Med's Request
12-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
Hi all,

I had got the following email (which looks like the AOR itself) about 3 months back.

Subject:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Communication to client/Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada - Communication auprès de la clientèle - CPCM / CTDM - PGP 2022 AOR Letter <application number>

Letter content start:
This letter confirms that your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class was received
by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at the Case Processing Centre in
Mississauga on behalf of the following family member(s):

But I am not able to search for the application or attach the application in online account. I tried with searching all different options like Application number /UCI, passport, place or birth etc.

I had been trying this for many weeks now.

Has someone else faced the same issue. What are my options now for the next steps? Should I contact IRCC by webform or something.
Mine was the same, I could only link it after I got the Sponsor approval letter, just the AOR does not mean you would be able to link

Saggi09

Sep 24, 2021
I got Sponsor approval letter, but I am still struggling to link the application.
I actually spoke to an IRCC agent over the phone and they said unless I, the sponsor, was the authorised representative, i would not be able to link the application.

Does not make sense to me that being a sponsor myself I can't see the application status. How does IRCC know who's accessing the application status if i am using e-cas vis cic's website?

I know its stupid thats what their official explaination was.

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
For us appointment was 5th may and we received on 20th may !!

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
I actually spoke to an IRCC agent over the phone and they said unless I, the sponsor, was the authorised representative, i would not be able to link the application.

Does not make sense to me that being a sponsor myself I can't see the application status. How does IRCC know who's accessing the application status if i am using e-cas vis cic's website?

I know its stupid thats what their official explaination was.
Just make a account in gc key on main applicant name and do the linking process !!

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
Hi everyone, I hv few questions for PCC, first is - my parents are in Canada since more than one year and before that they were in USA. it could take more time for pcc? & from where to get?
My another question is since ircc hasn't asked to submit PCC yet, can I go ahead and apply for pcc for them and submit it through webform?
Another question is when I check the GC key account the status is showing no medical & biometric is required and no documents are required. Also the status showing submitted. What does this mean?
I called them and they say you don't need for medical, biometric but for Police clearance we will mail you. What should I do? Pls advice me. I'm worried.
In our case they asked for 2 pcc's

So i guess they gonna ask usa pcc if they lived there more than 6 mnths but not sure for canada

Read this for usa pcc

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/united-states.html

And for canadian pcc just go rcmp office and tell them need pcc for permanent resident if you want to do canadian pcc then!!

Last edited:
Reactions: anupjoginder
Oct 28, 2015
I just went through the US process for my mom , when I got PCC request letter they sent me a link to get the US PCC (its done by FBI ).My mom is in India currently so the entire US PCC process including finger print etc took 2 weeks . The hardest part was getting finger prints in India by an approved vendor but its a very straight forward process . The US charge was 18$usd and for finger printing in India , including sending the card to FBI in the US by courier etc she paid 8k INR. Hope this helps .

Reactions: anupjoginder

anupjoginder

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022

anupjoginder

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022
I just went through the US process for my mom , when I got PCC request letter they sent me a link to get the US PCC (its done by FBI ).My mom is in India currently so the entire US PCC process including finger print etc took 2 weeks . The hardest part was getting finger prints in India by an approved vendor but its a very straight forward process . The US charge was 18$usd and for finger printing in India , including sending the card to FBI in the US by courier etc she paid 8k INR. Hope this helps .
Thanks for the information