+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents could not fulfil RO, your insight requested...

bhavnat

Dec 17, 2022
Hi everyone:

I live in GTA and I am a sponsor of my parents iimmigration, age 84 and 80 & authorized representative.

I would like greatly ppreciate your insight on this matter,

My parents are in India, landed as PR on 9th April 2014 in R. Hill, ON.
They stayed till 27 July 2014 and returned to India (total 110 days I think.)

We never received their PR cards here when they were in Canada, after they had left in July 2014, I followed up with CIC and it went on for several months, and then around 2017 April-May, when my younger brother was terminally ill, we requested multiple visa, so that they can visit back and say farewell to him.

Thye landed 6 June 2017 and left again on 9 Aug 2017. (total of 65 days I think) to take care of my late brothers' rituals in India. they did receive their PR this time, hoever mentally they were deeply disturbed, unable to return to Canada for almost 2 years, and then COVID hit which closed all the doors for them to prepare for the return, as both my older brother and I are here, there is no one there to help them with, and the PR expired on 2 Aug 2022. (in 5 years period)

During these time frames, we were unable to bring them back, due to severe trauma, of my brothers death and then covid for last 3 years...

They are pretty old now, me and my older brother are here, have been citizens and would like to see them here again as PR.

I appreciate your insight and support what i can do so we can bring them back here & they are not left alone there...

Thank you kindly, Bhavna

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone:

I live in GTA and I am a sponsor of my parents iimmigration, age 84 and 80 & authorized representative.

We never received their PR cards here when they were in Canada, after they had left in July 2014, I followed up with CIC and it went on for several months, and then around 2017 April-May, when my younger brother was terminally ill, we requested multiple visa, so that they can visit back and say farewell to him.

Thye landed 6 June 2017 and left again on 9 Aug 2017. (total of 65 days I think) to take care of my late brothers' rituals in India. they did receive their PR this time, hoever mentally they were deeply disturbed, unable to return to Canada for almost 2 years, and then COVID hit which closed all the doors for them to prepare for the return, as both my older brother and I are here, there is no one there to help them with, and the PR expired on 2 Aug 2022. (in 5 years period)

During these time frames, we were unable to bring them back, due to severe trauma, of my brothers death and then covid for last 3 years...

They are pretty old now, me and my older brother are here, have been citizens and would like to see them here again as PR.

I appreciate your insight and support what i can do so we can bring them back here & they are not left alone there...

Thank you kindly, Bhavna
They should have tried to return directly to Canada before their PR cards expired on Aug 2, 2022. Now they probably would have to go to the US, you and/or your brother go to the US to meet them and take them as passengers as you drive and return to Canada by road. Hope they are not reported by the border people.

Reactions: bhavnat

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Due to their age, I don't understand why you let them take care of your late younger brother's ritual in India. Shouldn't the oldest son do that for them?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone:

Thank you kindly, Bhavna
Two options to try to save their PR status. The first is for both of them to apply for a PR Travel Document with H&C considerations. If that is approved, they can travel to Canada and then remain here. The other option would be for them to fly to the US and to attempt to reenter Canada through a land border crossing and hope they are not reported for failing to meet the residency requirement.

If they try applying for the PRTD and are refused or end up trying to reenter from the US and that results them being reported and losign their PR status, then you would need to sponsor them for PR from scratch by renting the lottery and hoping you are selected.

bhavnat

Dec 17, 2022
Two options to try to save their PR status. The first is for both of them to apply for a PR Travel Document with H&C considerations. If that is approved, they can travel to Canada and then remain here. The other option would be for them to fly to the US and to attempt to reenter Canada through a land border crossing and hope they are not reported for failing to meet the residency requirement.

If they try applying for the PRTD and are refused or end up trying to reenter from the US and that results them being reported and losign their PR status, then you would need to sponsor them for PR from scratch by renting the lottery and hoping you are selected.
Thank you so much for your insight, I will try to apply for TD and see how it goes, usually whats the time line given the shortage of staff and overload of cases at CIC, I mean IRCC I am looking at..? thank you in advance!

bhavnat

Dec 17, 2022
Due to their age, I don't understand why you let them take care of your late younger brother's ritual in India. Shouldn't the oldest son do that for them?
well, yes and no, they had some unfinished business as well in addition to ritual, and my father was actively working then...thank you.

bhavnat

Dec 17, 2022
They should have tried to return directly to Canada before their PR cards expired on Aug 2, 2022. Now they probably would have to go to the US, you and/or your brother go to the US to meet them and take them as passengers as you drive and return to Canada by road. Hope they are not reported by the border people.
Thye could not come, I tried....what can happen if they land in US and as we enter by driving land border they are reported....please let me knkow, how is it handled ...thanks,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you so much for your insight, I will try to apply for TD and see how it goes, usually whats the time line given the shortage of staff and overload of cases at CIC, I mean IRCC I am looking at..? thank you in advance!
Hard to guess. An H&C application will take longer. I would plan on a few months.

bhavnat

Dec 17, 2022
Thank you, I will apply for Travel Document for my parents and I would like to know more about Humanitarian & Compassianlte ground guidelines, appreciate if you could suggest a source I could read through to get a better idea, although it is truly a genuine request, but I am sure I am not the only one in this ocean of immigrants here..thanks! Bhavna

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thye could not come, I tried....what can happen if they land in US and as we enter by driving land border they are reported....please let me knkow, how is it handled ...thanks,
If they are reported, then they can use the opportunity to make persuasive h&c case at the land border.

Edit: work in home country not a h & c reason.

Last edited:

bhavnat

Dec 17, 2022
thank you, yes, I menat work meaning wrap all stuff up, property etc...

Is there any subsidezed services I can access to get some professional help in this ...i would appreciate your insight,

hbc

May 11, 2022
My parents are in Similar situations and age group. Did u find any immigration lawyer or consultant who can help?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
thank you, yes, I menat work meaning wrap all stuff up, property etc...

Is there any subsidezed services I can access to get some professional help in this ...i would appreciate your insight,
No subsidized services. You would pay for the services of an immigration consultant or lawyer. Lawyer is the better option.