+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents' Sponsorship

Jimmya

Feb 16, 2022
I came across an issue!
I have recently received another email from IRCC, in which I should fill out two additional documents for my sister, who is 47 years old and is not a dependent child of my father; for his sponsorship I applied.
These two documents are IMM 5669 and additional family info IMM 5406E.
Do you think there isn't any mistake? Or misunderstanding?
I think IRCC wants to evaluate the eligibility of my sister for permanent residence in Canada under the category of parents' sponsorship, while she is not a dependent family member.
What do you think? Did you fill out these forms for all of your parents' children regardless of their dependency?
I really appreciate any help everyone can provide.

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
I came across an issue!
I have recently received another email from IRCC, in which I should fill out two additional documents for my sister, who is 47 years old and is not a dependent child of my father; for his sponsorship I applied.
These two documents are IMM 5669 and additional family info IMM 5406E.
Do you think there isn't any mistake? Or misunderstanding?
I think IRCC wants to evaluate the eligibility of my sister for permanent residence in Canada under the category of parents' sponsorship, while she is not a dependent family member.
What do you think? Did you fill out these forms for all of your parents' children regardless of their dependency?
I really appreciate any help everyone can provide.

IMM 5406E
The primary applicant and every member of the family who is over 18 years of age, whether or not they are accompanying the primary applicant to Canada, has to complete an Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) form.

Requirements
When completing this form, you have to include information about yourself, your spouse or common-law partner (if applicable), parents, and all children. It is very important that you list on this form any other children (even if they are already permanent residents of Canada or Canadian citizens) that you, your spouse or common-law partner or your dependent children might have who are not included in your Application for Permanent Residence. This includes married children, adopted children, step-children and any of your children who have been adopted by others, or who are in the custody of an ex-spouse or ex-common-law partner.

Jimmya

Feb 16, 2022
Thank you very much for your helpful and instant reply,
- What made me think there was a misunderstanding was that in this form, my 47 years old sister has to name herself the "main applicant"! And then put additional information about her family, while she was not the principal applicant!
If I write my father's name as the "main applicant" and put other information based on it, two IMM 5406E forms (my father's and my sister's) will consist of the same information!
- Should these forms (IMM 5669 and additional family info IMM 5406E) be printed, signed by hand, and scanned?
- Is it essential that the file number in the case of any Canada visa rejection related to family members who are not accompanying my father in this application is included in this form (IMM 5406E)?
Many thanks in advance

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Did you by accident included your sister in IMM 0008 as your father's dependent. If so, that's why IRCC is asking for her information and additional forms.
If you did, send a corrected IMM 0008 and a letter of explination that your sister is NOT a dependent.

If you didn't, send a letter of explination. Make sure your sister is in your dad's 5406E info.