+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

user19831029

Dec 10, 2014
Does anyone is in the same boat?

My local office is CPC-M and abroad office is NDVO.

Here is my status:

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Help - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Help - Review of medical results
  • March 2, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Help - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Help - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Help - Biometrics
  • February 21, 2020 Completed.
Help - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Help - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I called the IRCC and they said that due to Covid, file is still in CPC-M and they haven't sent file to NDVO. Does anyone know how long it will take after it reaches to NDVO.
krishgoswami - how were you able to get this detailed status of the application? For my parents medicals were completed in Feb 2020 and no update since then.

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
I have been a silent member.
My parents application date is 21may 2019. Medicals done in early 2020. PCC done too. Everything is silent since then. London Visa office. Feeling worried as medicals expiry is soon. Have contacted MP but they only got back with details I already knew. Dont know what else can be done
More or less similar situation here regarding my mom's file. I have also approached my MP office but they are not of any help - as you said they get you info you already know.

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013
More or less similar situation here regarding my mom's file. I have also approached my MP office but they are not of any help - as you said they get you info you already know.
If Covid is to blame - hopefully, with the Covid vaccine rolling out fiercely in the UK, everyone gets vaccinated in Canada House and returns to normal work life. Yes, MP's inquiry may not be helpful in most cases. MP inquire application status from Montreal Office, the actual visa office may not even know about the inquiry until they go through the notes/file. If the visa officer is looking at your file there's a high chance they will do something at least. That is where the problem is with our files - the officer is not looking at it. It seems it's piled up and potentially falling through the crack.

Reactions: Hamied

abhi.here

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
I submitted 2 webforms and its been around 30-40 days but still I have not received any response. I called CIC and they say we cannot see anything here. What is this about ? What do i do to ensure webform reaches them. Its really hard to get them !

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
@serious_cheese Thanks but there is an update as i mentioned:
Today on Dec-09-2020, we recvd status update on visitor visa extension application as approved "Visitor Record" and expiry date for same is Mar-02-2021

what does this imply?
I think if yr visa extension application expires on Mar 2, 2021 and yr PGP 2019 application still not complete by then, u have to apply for another visa extension 30 days before the prior date Mar 2, 2021. Then u will hv implied status while awaiting for the visa extension approval or PGP 2019 to complete. I hope my info help.

Reactions: dm31810

M.Spon

Apr 16, 2020
Hello Admin
I have been a silent member
Can you please add my information to the google tracker .
Invitation issued - April /24/2019
Application recieved - May/14/2019
AOR - Aug /29/2019
Status - in progress
Sponsor eligibility - Not started

MArshi

Dec 9, 2020
If Covid is to blame - hopefully, with the Covid vaccine rolling out fiercely in the UK, everyone gets vaccinated in Canada House and returns to normal work life. Yes, MP's inquiry may not be helpful in most cases. MP inquire application status from Montreal Office, the actual visa office may not even know about the inquiry until they go through the notes/file. If the visa officer is looking at your file there's a high chance they will do something at least. That is where the problem is with our files - the officer is not looking at it. It seems it's piled up and potentially falling through the crack.
Very frustrating !!!
Are you all on similar time line?

M.Spon

Apr 16, 2020
Hello everyone ,
I have a question and someone’s reply will be really helpful.
I have my brother as a dependant on the application, However he is on Australian study permit and his permit is expiring.
Is it safe to apply for work permit ?
Is there any issues if the visa officer questions about his dependability later in the pgp application process as he will be on work permit ? Thanks everyone in advance !

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello Admin
I have been a silent member
Can you please add my information to the google tracker .
Invitation issued - April /24/2019
Application recieved - May/14/2019
AOR - Aug /29/2019
Status - in progress
Sponsor eligibility - Not started
Can you please fill-up following information to add in the tracker:
Line # in tracker:if applicable
Sponsored People:
Parents Country of Citizenship:
Sponsor Province:
Invitations Receive Date:
Application received in Ottawa Date: