+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents PR

VikTh

Jun 16, 2024
Hello
I sponsored my parents in the 2020 lottery for parents and grandparents program.
everything is completed.
they asked for the passports stamping and the passports are with the consulate for COPR.
Unfortunately, my dad who was the principal sponsor passed away.
I have already informed IRCC thru the web form and attached the death certificate within 5 days of his passing.
QUESTIONS:-
1. Would they change my mom to Principal applicant? If yes, how long does the process takes, since I applied online.
2. Is there anything else I need to do, like send a physical proof of death to CPC MISSISSAUGA?
3 My mother has a visitor visa, can she still come to Canada even if the PR process might take time now?
Thank you

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello
I sponsored my parents in the 2020 lottery for parents and grandparents program.
everything is completed.
they asked for the passports stamping and the passports are with the consulate for COPR.
Unfortunately, my dad who was the principal sponsor passed away.
I have already informed IRCC thru the web form and attached the death certificate within 5 days of his passing.
QUESTIONS:-
1. Would they change my mom to Principal applicant? If yes, how long does the process takes, since I applied online.
2. Is there anything else I need to do, like send a physical proof of death to CPC MISSISSAUGA?
3 My mother has a visitor visa, can she still come to Canada even if the PR process might take time now?
Thank you
Sorry for your lost.
1. You may need to fill in an updated IMM0008 and put your mother as the PA. (including updated marital information)
2. Provide death certificate if not yet sent
3. She could come and wait in Canada. Inform IRCC of her Canadian address in the updated form as well.

VikTh

Jun 16, 2024
Sorry for your lost.
1. You may need to fill in an updated IMM0008 and put your mother as the PA. (including updated marital information)
2. Provide death certificate if not yet sent
3. She could come and wait in Canada. Inform IRCC of her Canadian address in the updated form as well.
Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
But then what happens if they stamp the passports by the time they respond to the web form.
You likely cannot use the current visa/stamp if that's done before they process the web form.

Since a dependent cannot land before the PA land. So you need a new visa/stamp so that your parent can land as PA.

VikTh

Jun 16, 2024
You likely cannot use the current visa/stamp if that's done before they process the web form.

Since a dependent cannot land before the PA land. So you need a new visa/stamp so that your parent can land as PA.
Thank you. That means, a new process for my mother.