+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parental Sponsor ship please advice

mesahil

Jan 30, 2008
Me and my wife both are working and would like to sponsor our parents together. we went to different lawyers every one has his own opinion. We both are co-signer in each other application. so far upto end of this mont oue combine house hold income is $45k but by the end of march we should have income of $55k which is acceptable and to qualify.

I would like to sponsor my Father, mother and 19 year old sister.
My wife wants to apply for her mother and 17 year old sister. so altogether 7 inluding me and wife. we need income of $55k to sponsor.

Do we need $55k to sponsor all members which is 7 persons
OR
Do we need $43,791 to sponsor my family and then need additional $38,610 to sponor my wife family.

dh

Jan 30, 2008
Dear Mesahil,
Yourself and Your wife are both eligable to sponsor Your both parents, but unfortunately You can not sponsor Your sisters. The best way to do this : Both of You sponsor Your both parents, whey Your parents are here in canada, those parents can sponsor both of Your sister ( their daughters).
As for financial requirements both of You are meeting those requirements then I don't see any problems of Your sponsorship being denied. Unfortunately a process of bringing your sisters going to be very long, just depends how soon both of Your parents can be here in canada. Good luck and wish both of You all the best!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

dh said:
Dear Mesahil,
Yourself and Your wife are both eligable to sponsor Your both parents, but unfortunately You can not sponsor Your sisters. The best way to do this : Both of You sponsor Your both parents, whey Your parents are here in canada, those parents can sponsor both of Your sister ( their daughters).
As for financial requirements both of You are meeting those requirements then I don't see any problems of Your sponsorship being denied. Unfortunately a process of bringing your sisters going to be very long, just depends how soon both of Your parents can be here in canada. Good luck and wish both of You all the best!!
If the OP submits an application for the parents as long as the sisters are under 22 and unmarried and still dependents, they are included in the application. The OP should note that to meet the LICO he and his spouse must have EARNED the LICO in the year prior to the submission of the application.

PMM

mesahil

Jan 30, 2008
my sister adn my wife sister both are students and total dependent under parents. So i think when we sponsor our parents they both sisters will autometicall comes under dependant childs. yea including sisters and parents and our self we need $56,000 aprox . thats LICO says.

mesahil

Jan 30, 2008
my question was

do you think we are eligible to sponsor both sides of the family at the same time with an income of $56,000. or de we have to sponsor seperate. if it seperate according to my thinking i need about $70k. i am not sure please advice

Mimi2

Feb 1, 2008
Hi I live in USA with my kids, my daughter is Canadian and she is 15, I want to go back to Canada, but I don't what todo?