+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent and Child (Minor) both applying at the same time

Jun 14, 2024
Hi,

As the title suggests, is it feasible to apply online when both parent and child (minor) are applying for citizenship at same time?
On IRCC website there is statement that when both parent and child (minor) apply for citizenship at same time, then it must be done on paper as an exception.

Can someone confirm or comment please. Is there a way to apply online and if yes, how (exp. if I start an application for one adult, there seems to be no option to add a child, only other adult, if I am correct)?
Thank you for any hint.

PS: I did post a more detailed thread on this same subject which has subsequently been deleted (or not approved); I cannot seem to find or comprehend the exact reason for this.

perry001

Dec 30, 2012
Hi,

As the title suggests, is it feasible to apply online when both parent and child (minor) are applying for citizenship at same time?
On IRCC website there is statement that when both parent and child (minor) apply for citizenship at same time, then it must be done on paper as an exception.

Can someone confirm or comment please. Is there a way to apply online and if yes, how (exp. if I start an application for one adult, there seems to be no option to add a child, only other adult, if I am correct)?
Thank you for any hint.

PS: I did post a more detailed thread on this same subject which has subsequently been deleted (or not approved); I cannot seem to find or comprehend the exact reason for this.
c
No you can apply online as family. we did as family including minor. Principal applicant will send invite to spouse and add minor.

Jun 14, 2024
c
No you can apply online as family. we did as family including minor. Principal applicant will send invite to spouse and add minor.
Thank you.

So, if one parent only applies with child as minor, online application is NO option.
To go with online option, it has to go family route, that is both parents and child; proceeding will be as you have indicated: one parent starts application, subsequently sends invite to spouse whereby option to add child will become available.

Just summarized for sake of good understanding.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thank you.

So, if one parent only applies with child as minor, online application is NO option.
To go with online option, it has to go family route, that is both parents and child; proceeding will be as you have indicated: one parent starts application, subsequently sends invite to spouse whereby option to add child will become available.

Just summarized for sake of good understanding.
Parent with child as minor can apply online. You can do it from the same account.