+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paper > Online ATIP Proof

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
So people sending a paper application have not been provided an AOR yet. People applying in July are getting AORs in 3 days or so.

I was waiting on @ycheng to receive an AOR and then take a decision. So far I have stuck with the online application.

I am thinking of trying a different tack. Asking IRCC to tag my online application to my family's paper application. I wonder if they will do that though (I doubt it)

Zain.Lugo

Star Member
Feb 28, 2022
So people sending a paper application have not been provided an AOR yet. People applying in July are getting AORs in 3 days or so.

I was waiting on @ycheng to receive an AOR and then take a decision. So far I have stuck with the online application.

I am thinking of trying a different tack. Asking IRCC to tag my online application to my family's paper application. I wonder if they will do that though (I doubt it)
Just consider a scenario where they delay family application by tagging them with you

• Haha
Reactions: smash1984

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Just consider a scenario where they delay family application by tagging them with you
Haha, that is a great point, and something I hadn't even considered.

Another thing to think about I guess.

Although given ycheng's experience and others who sent in a paper application after their online application and not received an AOR, I am not too hopeful of this route.

Reactions: Zain.Lugo

wink

May 25, 2021

Regarding the case of @ycheng , what makes us to think that there would be AOR issued, just wondering..... What if they process the application with the existing Application number? Also not sure whether making a new paid receipt would work....

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
Time to make another ATIP request to learn how many employees took vacations and for how long? I wonder if they would release that information.
I think we will find out the reason they are slow processing online applications is because their computers/servers can only handle a set amount of applications at the same time. Plus the staff don't want to deal with computer issues so they just process the paper ones in order to artificially lower the average processing time while at the same time creating a new backlog

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Regarding the case of @ycheng , what makes us to think that there would be AOR issued, just wondering..... What if they process the application with the existing Application number? Also not sure whether making a new paid receipt would work....
That's another good point. It's a reasonable assumption to think that IRCC would acknowledge the receipt of an application, especially if its a new one. But then again, with IRCC you can't assume reasonable.

Reactions: noonnabi

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
Time to make another ATIP request to learn how many employees took vacations and for how long? I wonder if they would release that information.
What would this information show though? People are going to take vacations, as is their right. People have babies, they fall sick, they will need time off to do things like move apartments or handle personal affairs.

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
What would this information show though? People are going to take vacations, as is their right. People have babies, they fall sick, they will need time off to do things like move apartments or handle personal affairs.
It would show how much more slower processing is going to be during these times compared to when everyone was supposedly working.

Reactions: thuong

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
It would show how much more slower processing is going to be during these times compared to when everyone was supposedly working.
My friend went to IRCC office but it's closed due to large-scale outage of Rogers...Now it's the seventh wave of Covid...

• Haha
Reactions: noonnabi

ycheng

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019

I have actually no update to share. I pretty much gave up since I realize there is no AOR for my paper application after 15 days. Now, it has been more than a month since it was delivered, but still no AOR. I am 99% certain that the agents at IRCC saw my paper application and my withdraw online application form, then decided to just ignore it. Since so much time has been wasted, and I am busy with my life, I don't think I'd struggle with this mess any more. I will just wait for the slow Online Application, and pray for it to move faster.

Oh, of course if there is any update with the paper one (I doubt there will be any), I will update it here

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
I have actually no update to share. I pretty much gave up since I realize there is no AOR for my paper application after 15 days. Now, it has been more than a month since it was delivered, but still no AOR. I am 99% certain that the agents at IRCC saw my paper application and my withdraw online application form, then decided to just ignore it. Since so much time has been wasted, and I am busy with my life, I don't think I'd struggle with this mess any more. I will just wait for the slow Online Application, and pray for it to move faster.

Oh, of course if there is any update with the paper one (I doubt there will be any), I will update it here
what's your online application timeline?