+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Palestinian refugee holding the Syrian citizenship, Born and lived in UAE

bahaa123

Mar 11, 2018
Anyone Can you help me, if you have faced any similar case of getting a student Visa:
-A Palestinian refugee holding the Syrian citizenship( My passport is considered as a travel document) , Born and still living in UAE.
- Got accepted in the university of Windsor.( Meng in civil engineering )
- Ielts overall 7
- I am strong financially

Rockyrock

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Anyone Can you help me, if you have faced any similar case of getting a student Visa:
-A Palestinian refugee holding the Syrian citizenship( My passport is considered as a travel document) , Born and still living in UAE.
- Got accepted in the university of Windsor.( Meng in civil engineering )
- Ielts overall 7
- I am strong financially
They say that one of the most important factors in obtaining your student visa is proving your ties with the country of residence. For instance, this can be shown by the presence of your family members in the country of residence, properties or an employment offer.

bahaa123

Mar 11, 2018
They say that one of the most important factors in obtaining your student visa is proving your ties with the country of residence. For instance, this can be shown by the presence of your family members in the country of residence, properties or an employment offer.
I live with my family in UAE, So my reason to come back would be my family only ? is there any more reasons that i can show ? Is the family reason enough?

bahaa123

Mar 11, 2018
I cannot own any properties in UAE, I have properties in Syria but i have never been there since 2010

Rockyrock

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
I live with my family in UAE, So my reason to come back would be my family only ? is there any more reasons that i can show ? Is the family reason enough?
I am also in a situation like you. I am an Afghan national living in Turkey. The advice which I got from this forum is that I have to show ties related to country of residence and home country. They also say that in my SOP , I have to state that after finishing my studies in Canada, I would return back to my home country. I think if you can show that you have an apartment in UAE and, or you have a job offer from a prospective employer upon your graduation , it would make your case stronger.

Last edited:

bahaa123

Mar 11, 2018
I am also in a situation like you. I am an Afghan national living in Turkey. The advice which I got from this forum is that I have to show ties related to country of residence and home country. They also say that in my SOP , I have to state that after finishing my studies in Canada, I would return back to my home country. I think if you can show that you have an apartment in UAE and, or you have a job offer from a prospective employee upon your graduation , it would make your case stronger.
Understood, but do you have any idea what happens if i am a refugee holding a traveling document instead of a passport

Rockyrock

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
I cannot own any properties in UAE, I have properties in Syria but i have never been there since 2010
If you have properties in Syria mention those in your SOP with concrete proof. For instance, if you receive rent , show the agreement .

bahaa123

Mar 11, 2018
If you have properties in Syria mention those in your SOP with concrete proof. For instance, if you receive rent , show the agreement .
But the problem that Syria is in a war zone and its hard for me to prove that ill go back to syria rather than going back to UAE.

Rockyrock

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Understood, but do you have any idea what happens if i am a refugee holding a traveling document instead of a passport
Sorry, you have to wait for some expert opinion on this . I am sure the senior members in this forum can answer your question :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunate you will have difficulty getting a student visa. It will be assumed that you are going to apply for asylum once you arrive.