+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani applicants applying study permit for Jan intake gather here.

htariq

Star Member
May 23, 2019
They processed your application only in 10 days?
Yes,

I received the Confirmation of Submission on May 4th, 2019;
the Biometrics Collection letter on May 5th, 2019;
the Validity of Biometrics Correspondence letter on May 15th, 2019;
and the final decision Correspondence letter too on May 15th, 2019.

So a total of 10 days like you said. I will reapply in a few days using the new acceptance letter the University gave me. Is it problematic that they processed my application within 10 days ?

Kad786

May 18, 2019
Yes,

So a total of 10 days like you said. I will reapply in a few days using the new acceptance letter the University gave me. Is it problematic that they processed my application within 10 days ?
Good luck brother next time.....

Kad786

May 18, 2019
Assalam o Alaikum People.. I had applied for study visa on 20 February 2019 for May 2019 intake. Received medical request on 16 May 2019. Gave on 23 May 2019 and the medical status was updated on GCKey to "passed" on the next day as I requested the panel physician. Didn't received my passport in time for May 2019. Had to defer to Fall 2019 intake. The processing time after medical is 4 weeks which is happening in like two days. Any experience about this like would I get my visa in this week or I have to wait till July or August as they delay deliberately the visa fearing the student might reach there too early and start working as I have read in some forums? Also anybody for University of Maitoba or ICM for Bachelors?
Did you received biometric validity letter and at what stage?

Kad786

May 18, 2019
Di
Dear Altruists, I was denied visa on only financial grounds for my Masters from McMaster the VO stated in CGMS notes that my funds will be exhausted by the end of my education. Now I am applying again but with Concordia university as McMaster didn't defer my admission, do I need to rewrite entire SOP ? or just need to do slight changes regarding the program. People with reapplication experience please comment @Helican @qasim95 . Thanks
At what stage of application you received your biometric validity letter after aplication

htariq

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Hi,

I will be reapplying for the Study Permit next week and have a question regarding the bank statements. When I applied initially, my parents' bank statements showed a combined total of approx CAD 56,000. This was exactly two weeks ago. However, due to currency fluctuations here in Pakistan, although the balance remains unchanged, the amount in terms of today's rate translates to CAD 53,000. It is still above the minimum required (tuition is 38,000 + living 10,000) but could this be a potential problem? Should I write the same amount as my previous application?

Thank you in advance!

Kad786

May 18, 2019
Onl
Exactly. My SOP too was of 6 pages which included a letter of explanation of 3 pages to explain previous refusal reasons and i was pretty sure that the VO wont read it all so I used the bold font too.
Only one page Letter of Explanation as mentioned in checklist for Pakistani applicants

Evankc

Dec 13, 2018
Yes,

No Medical update ?

Evankc

Dec 13, 2018
In my first application it was refused and medical was upfront but no medical update expect the refusal letter only .

I have replied for the second time on the 11 April . So after some weeks i got medical update passed and still on Background Check .

What do you suggest with any sucess

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Onl

Only one page Letter of Explanation as mentioned in checklist for Pakistani applicants
The letter of explanation itself can be of one page (mine was longer since i had to explain the reasons of refusal of my previous application) but you can attach more documents in that sections like property evaluations and frc certificate.

Kad786

May 18, 2019
In my first application it was refused and medical was upfront but no medical update expect the refusal letter only .

I have replied for the second time on the 11 April . So after some weeks i got medical update passed and still on Background Check .

What do you suggest with any sucess
Hopefully you will get visa this time.

Reactions: Evankc

Evankc

Dec 13, 2018
Hey,

No, I didn't submit the medical upfront. Reapplying without it too--do you suggest waiting for the medical letter this time or giving it upfront?

Thanks!

Just wait for them to request for it and if they do then definitely you been approve.

Reactions: htariq

Kad786

May 18, 2019
Just wait for them to request for it and if they do then definitely you been approve.
Why many applicants think there are greater chances for visa approval if you have upfront medicals. VO dont care about your medicals and paying upfront tuition fees . Please dont do that.

Reactions: ELIF#1