+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistan police clearance certificate - different cities (4 years of undergrad study in Lahore)

Post-ITA

Mar 25, 2023
Hello, I am currently residing in Canada and I received my ITA recently. In Pakistan, police certificates are location based, i.e. we have to get one made for each city/address that we lived in in the past 10 years inside the country. From 2012 - 2016 I did my undergrad study while living in a hostel dorm of my university in the city of Lahore, when my birth-city is Karachi, where my primary residence is located. I have a police certificate from Pakistan covering this period, but from the Karachi Police office, stating my residence as Karachi for this period.

It would be extremely difficult for me to travel to Pakistan to obtain a new police certificate, and it's difficult to obtain a certificate from Lahore when I don't have residential ties to the city right now, since as I mentioned, my (parents') house is in Karachi, and that's where I grew up.

Would it be ok to not mention my time in Lahore in the question where it asks for all residential addresses in the past, and explain in an LOE that I only lived there in the semesters oof around 4-5 months and then would would come back on semester breaks so it was never a continuous period of more than 6 months that I spent there? (This is true, but there's no evidence to back this), and then not have to make a police certificate for the city of Lahore, and just use the one for Karachi covering this period.

Context: for Pakistan, scrutiny is higher and IRCC is aware of the location-specific police certificate system.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you so much!

user._.1994

Jun 27, 2023
Hi, I am currently in the same boat as you. I have talked with many people who got PR recently and asked what they did. Few who were able to get police certificate from each city, made certificate for each city while few who couldn't just like you, specified that time in home city and used just one police certificate. People from both of these groups got their PR recently. So it appears it not that of an issue.