+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paid internship is valid for Express entry profile?

Mar 9, 2015
I am on Post graduate work permit.
I am offered full time job in my field but they consider it as an (paid)Internship for first year.
Would it be considered as work experience after an year, to be eligible for CEC/Express entry profile??

Your answers and knowledge is appreciated..

bimbim

Star Member
Jun 2, 2013
Yes, it's considered as an experience under CEC. So far the internship is paid, after graduation and on your post graduate work permit. You're good to go.

PR4CAN

Sep 20, 2014
i think whatever experience you gained on off campus work permit that will count only not the experience which you gained when you were student

Mar 9, 2015
Thank you guys for the info...

However, salary what I am offered right now is far less compared to job market for my NOC...
Is there any concern regarding low job salary, while registering for CEC/Fedral under EE??

april2014_AINP

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Developer indian said:
Thank you guys for the info...

However, salary what I am offered right now is far less compared to job market for my NOC...
Is there any concern regarding low job salary, while registering for CEC/Fedral under EE??
As far as making an EE profile, your experience will count you work for one continuous year at least. Because there is no wage criteria for creating your profile. I got very low wage compared to my NOC, since it was entry-level work. But my EE profile is eligible.

CEC doesn't have any official wage criteria either; it is generally evaluated on a case by case basis. To get expert opinion post here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/canadian-experience-class-b52.0/

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
My lawyer said that its up to the Visa Officer discretion whether or not to consider your Internship a valid experience.

So the system will consider it valid, but it's on the manual analysis that you will be sure. If you are already graduated, and if you are being paid, it should be considered.

SDave

Feb 6, 2015
CIC doesn't see wages, as long as your employer is giving you letter, showing one year of experience with NOC & hourly wages on it. And you need T4 or YTD on your pay stub. They just calculate working hours (Minimum 1560 within 12 months) and your NOC is in O, A , B list.
Make sure, you try your best to get LMO/LMIA or PNP, to get 600 ponits, otherwise, it's useless to create profile, there's no chances to get ITA without it. because in canada, lots of international students have more than 1 year of skilled experience, but they r not getting invitation just because of lack of LMO or PNP...Good luck