+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"p.aparna78" your inbox is FULL see reply here!

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Aparna,

Its very important to send the original documents as listed in the visa office checklist, dont worry you will get them back with your landing forms. I send original transcripts for my bachelors and masters i actually had 2 set of masters transcripts so i send one and for bacherlors i had only one and i send that because i dont want visa officer to ask me for the originals down the track which will just delay my process. So i suggest you to send orignals as well, original transcripts for bachelors and masters and notarized copy of degrees, and also notarized copy of 10th and 12th no need of orignals.

You need employer reference letter with all your job duties and it should not me older than 3 months so your 2009 will not work BUT if you cant get a new one because you dont want to tell your employer than you can send the old one and mention in your cover letter that you are afraid that you will loose your job if your employer comes to know about your canada plans.

Cheers
Saki

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
saki said:
Hi Aparna,

Its very important to send the original documents as listed in the visa office checklist, dont worry you will get them back with your landing forms. I send original transcripts for my bachelors and masters i actually had 2 set of masters transcripts so i send one and for bacherlors i had only one and i send that because i dont want visa officer to ask me for the originals down the track which will just delay my process. So i suggest you to send orignals as well, original transcripts for bachelors and masters and notarized copy of degrees, and also notarized copy of 10th and 12th no need of orignals.

You need employer reference letter with all your job duties and it should not me older than 3 months so your 2009 will not work BUT if you cant get a new one because you dont want to tell your employer than you can send the old one and mention in your cover letter that you are afraid that you will loose your job if your employer comes to know about your canada plans.

Cheers
Saki
you said above

"and also notarized copy of 10th and 12th no need of orignals"

do you mean matric and F.Sc

whereas in london visa office checklist it says post secondary education documents, what is post secondary education, is it not studies after F.Sc which we take at university

london visa office requirements.
EDUCATION/TRAINING/QUALIFICATIONS
For you and your spouse or common-law partner:
•Post-secondary education documents: vocational or technical certificates or diplomas;

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Mitali,

Hope you are doing good. I have to send my complete document set to Buffalo VISA Office by November end. But my concerns are as below:

I am not comfortable to send original certificates and mark statements to Visa Office, as per the guidelines. Can you please tell me how did you managed to get second original sets / you sent only xerox copies or notarized copies of educational certificates and mark statements to VO.

Also, please let me know if we must get employer reference letters to send to Visa Office. Else there are other ways to manage if employer don't provide any such letters. I have L1A petition which states all my duties as of June 2009. Is it only sufficient for experience proof?

Please advise me....

Greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Aparna
[/quote]

Hi Aparna,

1) If buffalo VO mandates the submission of Original certificates, then you should send them.
2) Current reference letters are required by VO. But if you have any issue with your employer ,for example-probability of loosing job incase the employer becomes aware of your plans, then it is considered a natural situation and under these situations you can mention in your cover letter your inability to provide such reference letters. Having said that, you have to back up your application with supporting documents...appointment letter,payslips, commendation letters, appreciation emails etc...basically any piece of document that reflects your performance pertaining to your job duties.
3) 2009 petition letter with job duties will not work as a reference.

Mitali