+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OWP expiring soon but applying for spouse sponsor

Fragisha17

Dec 3, 2019
Hi! My work permit is expiring soon, unfortunately we got married close to the expiring date, so we’re summiting forms kinda close to the end of this. Can I work while the forms were just sent to CIC? Or shall I stop working until they send a confirmation email?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi! My work permit is expiring soon, unfortunately we got married close to the expiring date, so we’re summiting forms kinda close to the end of this. Can I work while the forms were just sent to CIC? Or shall I stop working until they send a confirmation email?
Assuming you are applying inland with an OWP, you can continue working as long as the app is submitted prior to your current permit expiring.

I would also suggest you apply for a visitor extension prior to your current permit expiry, as this will maintain your legal status in case the OWP/PR app is returned.

Fragisha17

Dec 3, 2019
Thanks! I have a valid Canadian visa till 2022, I hope that works. Adding an extra question. Because we just moved together after the wedding, has been 1 month we don’t have a joint account. What other evidence can we summit as financial support?
Thanks so much for your time !

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks! I have a valid Canadian visa till 2022, I hope that works. Adding an extra question. Because we just moved together after the wedding, has been 1 month we don’t have a joint account. What other evidence can we summit as financial support?
Thanks so much for your time !
The validity of the TRV has nothing to do with status in Canada.

Any money transfers, joint purchases, both paying for bills etc.