+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

tessytessy

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
Hello ,
quick questions for helpful and nice people:

- when dependant fill generic form, they ask under which program ( family or refugee)??
- when send documents like marriage certificate and birth certificate to VO ( Rome) is it Original or only copy????
- did any one has experience with Rome office and How to send the document, and what to expect next.
1. Family
2. Copy
3. I don't have experience with Rome but you can get their e-mail address and send it through.

Noraalzomor

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hello ,
quick questions for helpful and nice people:

- when dependant fill generic form, they ask under which program ( family or refugee)??
Family

- when send documents like marriage certificate and birth certificate to VO ( Rome) is it Original or only copy????
depends on the VO, but if they didn’t mention that they want the originals, then it is always a translated copy (if documents not in English or French) along with a copy of the original.

- did any one has experience with Rome office and How to send the document, and what to expect next.
Not sure if all the VOs are the same, but you should wait for the VO to send you an email which includes a checklist of requirements (much more than the requirements in the eligibility letter or DM letter), and also it includes the address.

Reactions: Mahm1984

Dominate

Apr 11, 2019
This was pretty fast. I sent spouse documents to Accra on December 20th and i still haven't received AOR till date. Does anyone know when AOR will likely be sent and also if the process is still within 1 year processing time for Spousal Application.

Hi Tessy update on your application?

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
Hi All, I am applying for my husband, have heard heart breaking stories of couples that they were departed due to COVID. I’m just mustering up my courage to apply today. Please be with me for you valuable guidance. And need your prayers.

mugere

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
I am sending to Nova Scotia
Ohhh thats why i was asking which category! we are not in the same category and. this thread is about overseas dependant of protected persons , so the process is not the same because here we dont send the application to Nova scotia that is for outlandspouse sponsorship , for us we send application in oversea visa office

Reactions: Mano1110786

Mukhtar Daud

Jan 19, 2021
My father is a protected person in Canada he received CORP letter and another letter explaining that he should send his spouse and dépendants documents to LVO I’ve sent the required forms and documents to LVO.

It has been 3 months I don’t have any update or any progress.

Reactions: Virgono1