+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Spousal sponsorship

nlud

Nov 30, 2017
I'm wondering what I can do I submitted my application. And received comfirmation that it was forwarded to the appropriate in the country. It's a conjugal sponsorship. Just wondering when september 2018 arrives, it will have been 12 months, if they havent replied yet for the interview or the medical exam what does that mean?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
I'm wondering what I can do I submitted my application. And received comfirmation that it was forwarded to the appropriate in the country. It's a conjugal sponsorship. Just wondering when september 2018 arrives, it will have been 12 months, if they havent replied yet for the interview or the medical exam what does that mean?
IRCC promised to process most straight forward cases within 12 months.....its not unusual not to hear from IRCC for awhile........not every sponsorship need an interview, interviews are usually scheduled at the discretion of the office reviewing your application........most PA receive request for Medical Exam around the 6th month after application was recieved.........relax its a wait game.

Last edited:
Reactions: nlud

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
It means they are still processing. You can submit an case specific enquiry online and you can get your mp involved

nlud

Nov 30, 2017
Thanks.

IRCC promised to process most straight forward cases within 12 months.....its not usual not to hear from IRCC for awhile........not every sponsorship need an interview, interviews are usually scheduled at the discretion of the office reviewing your application........most PA receive request for Medical Exam around the 6th month after application was recieved.........relax its a wait game.
IRCC promised to process most straight forward cases within 12 months.....its not usual not to hear from IRCC for awhile........not every sponsorship need an interview, interviews are usually scheduled at the discretion of the office reviewing your application........most PA receive request for Medical Exam around the 6th month after application was recieved.........relax its a wait game.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Conjugal is outside of normal processing times, so it could take well beyond one year.

What were your legal and immigration barriers to marrying or becoming common-law?

nlud

Nov 30, 2017
The barriers are personal and well documented. We are married according to our tradition and there was a well documented ceremony with witnesses and qualify under all requirements given us by Canada Immigration. My only worry about what your implying is that traditional western unions are given more priority. If you'd like to know dual citizenships, are illegal in some countries, it really is very personal, but thanks for your reply.
Conjugal is outside of normal processing times, so it could take well beyond one year.

What were your legal and immigration barriers to marrying or becoming common-law?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The barriers are personal and well documented. We are married according to our tradition and there was a well documented ceremony with witnesses and qualify under all requirements given us by Canada Immigration. My only worry about what your implying is that traditional western unions are given more priority. If you'd like to know dual citizenships, are illegal in some countries, it really is very personal, but thanks for your reply.
Legal marriages are given the priority. Doesn't matter if it is a western marriage or not. Are you legally married?

When you say "personal barriers", what do you mean? Note that lifestyle choices do not qualify for conjugal.

nlud

Nov 30, 2017
I wouldnt have an application being processed if I was in an illegal marriage or if there is such a thing. My original question was answered good day. :)
Legal marriages are given the priority. Doesn't matter if it is a western marriage or not. Are you legally married?

When you say "personal barriers", what do you mean? Note that lifestyle choices do not qualify for conjugal.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I wouldnt have an application being processed if I was in an illegal marriage or if there is such a thing. My original question was answered good day. :)
Legally married vs. a symbolic ceremony that is not considered a legal marriage under the law...

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
There are Common law union couples some living decades without a certicate to certify their union immigrate becoming conjugal and meet dire some even life threatening situations who get quick sponsorships. Wether labelled legally married or not they are recognised by immigration including the law. Symbolic ceremonies exist in legal marriages and can be requested by immigration as well to supplement marriage certificates which could be fake.
??

Common-law is a legally recognized marital status. Such couples do not require a "certificate to certify their union", nor do they require any sort of ceremony.

IRCC doesn't not request ceremonies to supplement marriage certificates. They are requested for people from countries where it is the cultural norm for such a ceremony to happen. Marriages that do not conform to cultural norms are a higher risk of being a Marriage of Convenience.

CONJUGAL is not a legally recognized marital status and has very specific requirements to meet.