+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Spousal Sponsorship: June 15, 2022 Intended Date for Flight to Canada?

avidrunner

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Hi all,
I have created a new thread to ask this particular question (now that we better understand the situation, I hope this is OK to make a new thread about our more focused question). We mailed our outland sponsorship package to IRCC in Canada on December 20, 2020 and our desired date of arrival to Canada is June 15, 2022. The biometrics, CSQ, and medical exam have all been completed. The medical exam was completed on July 17, 2021.

We received an email last week regarding our application:
I am reviewing your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the family class. I
have concerns that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Section 130 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a sponsor in the
family class must meet the following requirements:
130 (1) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), a sponsor, for the purpose of sponsoring a foreign
national who makes an application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the family class
or an application to remain in Canada as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in
Canada class under subsection 13(1) of the Act, must be a Canadian citizen or permanent
resident who
• (a) is at least 18 years of age;
• (b) resides in Canada; and
• (c) has filed a sponsorship application in respect of a member of the family class or the
spouse or common-law partner in Canada class in accordance with section 10.
(2) A sponsor who is a Canadian citizen and does not reside in Canada may sponsor a foreign
national who makes an application referred to in subsection (1) and is the sponsor’s spouse,
common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child who has no dependent children, if the
sponsor will reside in Canada when the foreign national becomes a permanent resident.
I have concerns that your sponsor may not meet the requirement of Regulation 130(2) as outlined
above. Your application provides little to no evidence that you and your sponsor intend to reside
in Canada once your permanent resident visa is issued. Before I make a decision on your
application, I want to give you an opportunity to directly address this concern. Therefore, please
provide documentary evidence of your and your sponsor’s plans to date to relocate to Canada.
This may include but is not limited to:
- A written job offer or documentation indicating work transfer back to Canada, job contract in
Canada, etc
- Evidence of a job search in Canada
- Evidence that you sold a home abroad or terminated a lease or rental agreement
- Evidence that you have searched for a home in Canada
- Bank documentation showing accounts opened in Canada or closed abroad
- A detailed written account of your plans once you reach Canada (where you plan to live, what
type of work you plan to do, etc)
- Any other evidence or information in your possession that you feel helps establish your
intention to relocate to Canada
Before proceeding to assess your file, I would like to provide you with the opportunity to
respond to this information and provide any new relevant information and material. You will
have sixty (60) days from the date of this letter to submit any additional information and material
you would like taken into consideration. For online applications all responses should be sent via
the IRCC online portal. For all other applications, all responses should be sent via email to
###immigration@international.gc.ca. Please clearly indicate your file number on all
correspondence with our office.
Sincerely,
Officer
Migration Section
So in particular, to include additional documentation that was not already included in our sponsorship package we are looking at this part:
- Any other evidence or information in your possession that you feel helps establish your intention to relocate to Canada

We have decided that we will go ahead and purchase a one way ticket for both of us to Montreal, Quebec for June 15, 2022 to show solid proof of our intention to move to Canada. We were going to do this after we officially received the approval, but we feel that this would be very good evidence of our intention, along with any additional documents that we can provide.

Additionally, we were assuming the processing time would take much longer, and this timeframe was based on the one recommended on IRCC's official website for outland spousal sponsorships. Now that we realize the processing may be happening sooner rather than later, we are wondering if June 15, 2022 arrival date is still too far away in the eyes of the migration section officer that is looking over our file? (Even if we planned for this date all along). Our work contracts and rental lease agreement both end in the middle of June, 2022. If we show all of these things (along with any additional documents we can supplement to the application package) would you happen to know if the migration section officer will still proceed with the file or would they still be concerned our arrival date is next year?

Before proceeding to assess your file, I would like to provide you with the opportunity to
respond to this information and provide any new relevant information and material. You will
have sixty (60) days from the date of this letter to submit any additional information and material
you would like taken into consideration.

We are wondering if we should wait until later on next month to send our additional documents, or let the migration section officer know as soon as we possibly can? Will the officer still be waiting 60 days regardless if we send additional supporting documents immiedately?

Thank you very much for your assistance

Last edited: