+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland spousal sponsorship address discrepancy

namrazulfiqar

Oct 11, 2024
I am a Permanent Resident (PR) in Canada, and my husband is in Pakistan. We are currently in the process of gathering documents for two applications: my PR renewal and the spousal sponsorship for my husband. We are facing a complicated situation related to our residential history.
While applying for my PR renewal, I had to provide a 5-year residential history. After we got married, my husband and his family recently moved to a new address Y, where I lived for three years after our marriage. However, when my husband and his family shifted to address Y, all their official documents, including the Nikkah Nama, ID cards (CNIC), and even his police certificate, still showed their previous address (X).
When I updated my marital status on my CNIC, the system automatically updated my address as well, linking it to husband. Unfortunately, it still displayed address X, even though I never lived there. Since I never resided at address X, I did not include it in my PR renewal form as part of my residential history.
Now, for proof of our relationship and cohabitation, we are submitting our CNICs, where the address shown is X, despite the fact that I have never lived there. This creates a discrepancy because the address on our CNICs will match, but my residential history provided for the PR renewal will not. The problem is we have no other proof of address to show that we lived at the same place, as the address on our CNICs is old and incorrect. Please give your suggestions what to do.
Y ;rental property
(X) owned property