+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Spousal PR file got returned

Anurag24

May 25, 2019
Hi All,

I am the sponsor (PR in Canada) and my wife applied for PR (outland from India) 2 months back and our file got returned today. We double checked that we have selected the right options while uploading the file but somehow our file still got returned

The email from CPCMississauga cites as below-

We are returning your Permanent Resident Portal application received on 2023-04-07. We are unable to process your request as submitted. We have kept no record of your submission.
Our office processes Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class applications where the Principal Applicant resides in Canada. It appears, given the information declared on your undertaking, that you have sent your application to our office in error as per document(s) reviewed below:
 Document Checklist  IMM1344
UNQUOTE

I could find one another related thread on this and one suggestion was to raise webform with screenshot but not sure how much of it would help. Is there anyone who has faced this issue earlier and would love to get suggestions. Thanks

Hope we all reach there!

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi All,

I am the sponsor (PR in Canada) and my wife applied for PR (outland from India) 2 months back and our file got returned today. We double checked that we have selected the right options while uploading the file but somehow our file still got returned

We are returning your Permanent Resident Portal application received on 2023-04-07. We are unable to process your request as submitted. We have kept no record of your submission.
Our office processes Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class applications where the Principal Applicant resides in Canada. It appears, given the information declared on your undertaking, that you have sent your application to our office in error as per document(s) reviewed below:
UNQUOTE

I could find one another related thread on this and one suggestion was to raise webform with screenshot but not sure how much of it would help. Is there anyone who has faced this issue earlier and would love to get suggestions. Thanks

Hope we all reach there!
You did the Spousal PR through online portal, right? How can anyone direct their application from the online portal, to any specific VO? How is that possible? It seems CPC-Mississauga is saying that you wrote something/check a box in IMM1344, that steered your application to their office. Is that possible?

Vptl

Star Member
Jun 4, 2021
Hi All,

UNQUOTE

Hope we all reach there!
I am known to one person who experienced a similar issue. Documents and forms were perfectly fine but the issue was the applicant made the wrong selection when initiating the case on the PR portal. There is a question asked when initiating a PR case on the portal Are you applying under? You have to select the Family class (Outside Canada) option. Despite being an Outland applicant, she selected Family class (Inside Canada) and her file was returned with the same reason as yours.

You can check if you have the similar issue. Login to portal and click on view button, you will see what you selected for your application.

If that's the issue then initiate new case with correct selection, and fill and upload the forms correctly. Make sure to update the forms with PA's UCI if it is mentioned in an attachment or email.

Reactions: Badge1 and armoured