+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Spousal PR Application - IPv6Freely

IPv6Freely

Aug 7, 2024
Yelm, Washington
Hello all. We have a pretty straightforward PR application we'll be submitting. I wanted to start a thread for my own questions as the process progresses.

Here's our basic details:
  • We both live in the US
  • Married since 2009
  • We're moving to Canada in June 2025
  • I'm a born Canadian citizen, and a naturalized US citizen (2017)
  • Wife is a born US citizen
  • I have a remote job that I can take with me to Canada
  • No kids
  • No previous marriages for either of us
We're looking to get the PR at least most of the way by the time we move. Based on processing times it looks like we may land before it's finished, though.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all. We have a pretty straightforward PR application we'll be submitting. I wanted to start a thread for my own questions as the process progresses.

Here's our basic details:
  • We both live in the US
  • Married since 2009
  • We're moving to Canada in June 2025
  • I'm a born Canadian citizen, and a naturalized US citizen (2017)
  • Wife is a born US citizen
  • I have a remote job that I can take with me to Canada
  • No kids
  • No previous marriages for either of us
We're looking to get the PR at least most of the way by the time we move. Based on processing times it looks like we may land before it's finished, though.
You have no choice but to submit an Outland application, obviously, since you are not in Canada. That's good! You can apply as soon as you have your application sorted out.

Part of the process for you will be to demonstrate to IRCC that you will in fact move to Canada to settle with your wife. Having a job that you can do remotely from Canada, meaning
you will already be employed when you `move', is a good thing.

Search for threads that discuss 'U.S. Outland PR' to gauge current timelines.

Reactions: IPv6Freely

IPv6Freely

Aug 7, 2024
Yelm, Washington
You have no choice but to submit an Outland application, obviously, since you are not in Canada. That's good! You can apply as soon as you have your application sorted out.

Part of the process for you will be to demonstrate to IRCC that you will in fact move to Canada to settle with your wife. Having a job that you can do remotely from Canada, meaning
you will already be employed when you `move', is a good thing.

Search for threads that discuss 'U.S. Outland PR' to gauge current timelines.
I won't have the official relocation approval from my company by the time we submit the application so I may need to just have them write a statement that they will be issuing me one once we move.

I'll check out the Outland PR threads :) I do see a lot of acronyms I'm not yet familiar with (but have no doubt I will be soon enough!) - is there a glossary? I went through basically this entire process going the other direction so I get the gist of it. The US definitely asked less questions though, as far as proving its a legitimate relationship. Those questions are at least pretty amusing considering how long we've been married. Hopefully they're good with approximate dates for things because we really have no way of knowing for sure when some events happened. Date I first met my mother-in-law? No clue. Sometime in May? May 15th, it is then! lol

Reactions: Ponga