+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland sponsorship - please help

winy

Jul 18, 2017
Hello everybody!

I am a Canadian citizens and have been living outside of Canada for an extensive period of time due to family circumstances. I would like to sponsor my husband from outside of Canada since we would like to avoid living apart from each other. I am currently employed, my income is above the average mark in this country, but in comparison to Canadian wages it is quite small. This has been a troubling issue for me since a sponsorship implies that I will be able to support my husband financially. However we do have a more or less substantial amount of savings which we intend to use for our move to Canada and the time it would be necessary for both of us to find jobs there. As we have already stressed our minds as it is trying to figure out if applying in our situation is worthwhile, perhaps there are people here who could share their experience about similar situations? In short, my question is: Is it possible to get sponsorship approval and a permanent resident status for my husband in our situation?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hello everybody!

I am a Canadian citizens and have been living outside of Canada for an extensive period of time due to family circumstances. I would like to sponsor my husband from outside of Canada since we would like to avoid living apart from each other. I am currently employed, my income is above the average mark in this country, but in comparison to Canadian wages it is quite small. This has been a troubling issue for me since a sponsorship implies that I will be able to support my husband financially. However we do have a more or less substantial amount of savings which we intend to use for our move to Canada and the time it would be necessary for both of us to find jobs there. As we have already stressed our minds as it is trying to figure out if applying in our situation is worthwhile, perhaps there are people here who could share their experience about similar situations? In short, my question is: Is it possible to get sponsorship approval and a permanent resident status for my husband in our situation?
There is no minimum income requirement to sponsor, but you cannot be collecting social assistance (welfare) or I believe also have declared bankruptcy. In short, the financial aspect here should not be a barrier to you sponsoring your partner.

Reactions: Classic Chucks
C

Classic Chucks

There is no minimum income requirement to sponsor a spouse. You would just have to prove your intent to return to Canada once your spouse's PR is approved.

winy

Jul 18, 2017
There is no minimum income requirement to sponsor a spouse. You would just have to prove your intent to return to Canada once your spouse's PR is approved.
Thank you for the reply
I have heard from several sources (pros and just acquiantances) that this could cause our application to get refused in the end

winy

Jul 18, 2017
There is no minimum income requirement to sponsor, but you cannot be collecting social assistance (welfare) or I believe also have declared bankruptcy. In short, the financial aspect here should not be a barrier to you sponsoring your partner.
Thank you for the reply. Neither of the two above apply to us

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for the reply
I have heard from several sources (pros and just acquiantances) that this could cause our application to get refused in the end
Your sources are idiots if they are telling you that.

As already said, there is no minimum income requirement so sponsor a spouse. You guys will need to show IRCC that you can support yourselves in Canada without welfare; this can be shown through any combination of your income, his income, income potentials in Canada, savings, investments, assets, family assistance etc.