+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outbound PR application-Requested for passport but already have visa and reside in Canada

hani--

Feb 18, 2018
Hi,

I applied for PR in outland family class although I live in Canada. I have recently received an email requesting to send my passport to Ankara VAC plus 3 photos of me ( I assume it's for visa issuance). As I currently live in Canada and have Canada visa on my work permit, I don't know what is the currect step for me to do. Should I just lan in Canada with my current visa? Should I send my documents to Ankara?

I appreciate if any one can help me.

Thanks,
Hanie

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I applied for PR in outland family class although I live in Canada. I have recently received an email requesting to send my passport to Ankara VAC plus 3 photos of me ( I assume it's for visa issuance). As I currently live in Canada and have Canada visa on my work permit, I don't know what is the currect step for me to do. Should I just lan in Canada with my current visa? Should I send my documents to Ankara?

Thanks,
Hanie
Hi

You still need to send your passport; your app will not be completed until you do. The PPR email should have given you the option to submit to Ottawa if you are in Canada. If it didn't, email the VO and ask to be able to send it to Ottawa instead.

Reactions: KBH

hani--

Feb 18, 2018
Hi

You still need to send your passport; your app will not be completed until you do. The PPR email should have given you the option to submit to Ottawa if you are in Canada. If it didn't, email the VO and ask to be able to send it to Ottawa instead.
The email indicated this:
"Note: if you are currently residing outside Iran, different procedures will apply. Please send an e-mail, titled “NEW ADDRESS FOR VISA ISSUANCE”, to: ankara-visa@international.gc.ca. Be sure to include your file number at this office, your full name and date of birth, and your current e-mail and postal addresses. "

I have sent an email to them and got no response back. Can you tell me what is VO?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The email indicated this:
"Note: if you are currently residing outside Iran, different procedures will apply. Please send an e-mail, titled “NEW ADDRESS FOR VISA ISSUANCE”, to: ankara-visa@international.gc.ca. Be sure to include your file number at this office, your full name and date of birth, and your current e-mail and postal addresses. "

I have sent an email to them and got no response back. Can you tell me what is VO?
VO = Visa Office.

hani--

Feb 18, 2018
Hi,

Thank you for answering my question.

What visa office you mean and do you know how I can find their contact info?

Thanks

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
Hi,

Thank you for answering my question.

What visa office you mean and do you know how I can find their contact info?

Thanks
The visa office (or embassy) processing your application. Looks like in your case it is Ankara, correct?

hani--

Feb 18, 2018
The visa office (or embassy) processing your application. Looks like in your case it is Ankara, correct?
Yes it is Ankara. I will try to contact them and ask if I can send my passport to Ottawa instead. But apparently, they want me to ask it to Turkey.

babazadm

Jul 12, 2016
Hi,

Thanks,
Hanie
Hi
Can you let me know what did you do finally? I am kn the same situation and not sure what I should do?

Did Ankara let you send it to Ottawa?
Thanks,