+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Out of status or not?

Accountingdude2893

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Hi guys,
I am currently applying for a study permit extension. My questions is if it is rejected by IRCC, does that mean I will be instantly out of status and have to leave Canada right away?

My current permit is already expired, and I have a visitor visa that is gonna expire at the end of the year (Dec 24)

Some people told me that I could reapply for a complete new study permit and some told me I need to either apply for a visitor record or going home to reapply for a new study permit. Could someone shed some light on this please?

Thank you!

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi guys,
I am currently applying for a study permit extension. My questions is if it is rejected by IRCC, does that mean I will be instantly out of status and have to leave Canada right away?

My current permit is already expired, and I have a visitor visa that is gonna expire at the end of the year (Dec 24)

Some people told me that I could reapply for a complete new study permit and some told me I need to either apply for a visitor record or going home to reapply for a new study permit. Could someone shed some light on this please?

Thank you!
Ask under the student visa related part of the forum. This is express entry.

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Hi guys,

Thank you!
You have to apply for restoration.