+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Out of status in the us. Can I get married with my canadian citizen's bf?

annemyrtle

Jul 13, 2009
Hi nice lady,
I am hoping it is almost over...the wait is killing me.
Thanks for asking by the way.

My opinion is base on my own experience as applicant for PR visa. At first I was also worried that Buffalo office might transfer my paper to My home country but like what our Rep. Said since I was here legally for a year I was eligible to have my papers to be processed here. But they can always make a decision to transfer to my home country...so far they have not done that in fact it was transferred to Detroit to expedite the process...and as for the latest update, Detroit sent me a letter requesting police clearance of each state I have lived...they also mentioned that they are done with their initial assessment on my application and they said that Interview is not necessary at this time....this is good news for now. Right now I am waiting for my police clearance from california.
I also want to clarify that my opinion is base on spousal sponsorship.
For a skilled worker process I would not know anything about that, but I wish I could help you more.

nice_ladies

Jul 27, 2009
Great to hear that "annemyrtle" . Maybe this is a good sign this is also how your lawyer present aswell. I am now will start for the skill worker soon. I have talked to some people who's lived in Vancouver now that there were clients from this lawyer, So now it like i feel a little more better.He will fly from LA. to talk about my situation and everything and I need to show all paper I have. So at the end of the month I should know what I need to do. In your case I think you are going to be approve soon since you have been living together and have children before he had to leave the US, So please be patient you will past this time soon :)