+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa "family" applicants attended test or interview - please respond

12om3

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Do family applicants (e.g. husband and wife) attend the interview after the test together or each one is asked separately for the interview?

Any one with previous experience please help :)

12om3

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
12om3 said:
Hi,

Do family applicants (e.g. husband and wife) attend the interview after the test together or each one is asked separately for the interview?

Any one with previous experience please help :)
What? no response at all !! Is everyone out already for the weekend night? LOL

12om3

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moti said:
each adult family member of a family application is interviewed separately.
Hey thanks for your reply .. now I can prepare my wife original documents' file separately.

FAS

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
so do need to prepare file for interview as well? I thought we included required documents in the application?

12om3

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FAS said:
so do need to prepare file for interview as well? I thought we included required documents in the application?
Original documents required at the interview

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
moti said:
each adult family member of a family application is interviewed separately.
Can't understand. Won't the family sit together, though Qs are asked to each individual? Are you saying officer will sit with each individual adult (of same family) exclusively? Doesn't make sense.

12om3

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
boltz said:
Can't understand. Won't the family sit together, though Qs are asked to each individual? Are you saying officer will sit with each individual adult (of same family) exclusively? Doesn't make sense.
Well that was the main topic point when I created this .. and yes each adult is usually interviewed alone !! thats what people told me in their replies !!!!
I had no experience before but if you follow the replies you will understand !!

zsha

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2011
LANDED..........
April 2011
Hi 12om3,

Please keep us posted. Me and my wife have the test in the first week of March and we have set our documents separately.

Good Luck

12om3

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zsha said:
Hi 12om3,

Please keep us posted. Me and my wife have the test in the first week of March and we have set our documents separately.

Good Luck
Sure I will .. we are going to have the test and interview by Monday, Feb 23rd.
I will post my experience here.. I hope it will be smooth and promising :)

Trex25

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Guys,

The interviews for families are done per family ( partners ) not each one alone, children are not invited for the test nor the interview.

zsha

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2011
LANDED..........
April 2011
Trex25 said:
Guys,

The interviews for families are done per family ( partners ) not each one alone, children are not invited for the test nor the interview.
Thks for the info. When did u ve ur tesr?

Trex25

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Did mine on Jan 16th, 2015 but in Hamilton. I must presume Ottawa is the same. Each family went together.

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
Trex25 said:
Guys,

Not in Vancouver. They were done separately. They weren't allowed to sit together in the test room, had to sit on opposite ends. The interviews were also done separately

Ray

moti

Oct 24, 2012
In Ottawa, at test we were asked to sit at a distance from each other and were interviewed individually.