+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OTT Pilot's Timelines? (Parents Spons Application)

SumeetC

Oct 25, 2012
Hi All,

Here's a brief History:

Filed Parents Sponsorship: August 2008
Received Ack: Sept 2009
Request for Addition Docs (for Parents): November 2011
Sent the Package: January 2012
Received notification of application processing completion from CIC: April 2012

Now, I don't know how to track the application. CIC advised that all the visa applications are been processed in Ottawa (since 2011's change) through the OTT pilot program. I dropped them a note 3 weeks ago and requested to provide an update on the file. I also submitted IMM - 5476 "Use of Representative" file to and supplied them with my email address. I haven't received any email back from them.

Is there a way to get in touch with the Ottawa office (OTT Pilot program) to get status check on the file???

I am just getting a little concerned as few of the friends parents have already received request for Medical (ones who were sponsored around the same dates). And, OTT/CIC often want the the things done/returned within the time frame. I am hoping I didn't loose any correspondence from them.

Any insight on the matter would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

nanapush

Oct 31, 2008
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTOWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-06-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
19-04-2012
Med's Request
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
25-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
will land on 5th Feb
SumeetC said:
Hi All,

Here's a brief History:

Filed Parents Sponsorship: August 2008
Received Ack: Sept 2009
Request for Addition Docs (for Parents): November 2011
Sent the Package: January 2012
Received notification of application processing completion from CIC: April 2012

Now, I don't know how to track the application. CIC advised that all the visa applications are been processed in Ottawa (since 2011's change) through the OTT pilot program. I dropped them a note 3 weeks ago and requested to provide an update on the file. I also submitted IMM - 5476 "Use of Representative" file to and supplied them with my email address. I haven't received any email back from them.

Is there a way to get in touch with the Ottawa office (OTT Pilot program) to get status check on the file???

I am just getting a little concerned as few of the friends parents have already received request for Medical (ones who were sponsored around the same dates). And, OTT/CIC often want the the things done/returned within the time frame. I am hoping I didn't loose any correspondence from them.

Any insight on the matter would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

I suggest you post this in the parents sponsorship join here thread in case you don't get any replies on your own thread.

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
Questions for you:
1. Did you receive a letter stating that the sponsorship has been approved?
2. If so, according to that letter, where was your file forwarded? - Once the sponsorship is approved, the file is either sent to OTT-Pilot (CPP-O) or to the local visa office (LVO) where the parent is residing.
3. Did you get any confirmation (via email or letter) from this office (CPP-O or LVO) stating that they have received the application of PR - This is called Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR)?

In step (3) you should get a file number or a UCI, you can use this information to check the status online using CIC's e-cas system. It doesn't give much, but at least you will know that the file has been received.

CIC will not respond for any status inquiries that you send. What you can do is ask for GCMS notes and get an understanding of what stage your file is in.

SumeetC

Oct 25, 2012
I received a note from CIC stating that they are done with their step of processing and the file is been moved to CPP-O. I have not received any other email/mails from CPP-O with a UCI number and I don't recall any Acknowledgement of Receipt either.

Any thoughts on how much time they take to send this out? Last notification I received from CIC about file been forwarded to CPP-O was in April this year.

Per nanapush's recommendation, I will copy over the question to the other thread.

Thanks!!!!