+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

other options as a refugee claimant

JOHNNNY1234

Mar 10, 2017
hi everyone,am a refugee claimant and my case was postponed since 2015 December, please any suggestions on other route like getting sponsored with work ? which other options is there for a refugee claimant awaiting indefinite hearing?

kial

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
JOHNNNY1234 said:
hi everyone,am a refugee claimant and my case was postponed since 2015 December, please any suggestions on other route like getting sponsored with work ? which other options is there for a refugee claimant awaiting indefinite hearing?

i have same situation my case was postponed since Nov 2015, did u go to federal court ?

Babyfaced

Mar 11, 2017
Your lawyer should do a follow up on your case. 2015 is a long time, you are supposed to have gotten another date.

JOHNNNY1234

Mar 10, 2017
i cant go to federal court yet or you think i can even without a first hearing, because i have not had a hearing yet,its was postponed and my lawyer keeps saying wait for a date.so in your case any date yet?

kial

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
JOHNNNY1234 said:
i cant go to federal court yet or you think i can even without a first hearing, because i have not had a hearing yet,its was postponed and my lawyer keeps saying wait for a date.so in your case any date yet?
you can't go to federal court unless they dispute your case. i don't receive any date yet. there is a new process for short hearing which means you can receive approval letter without hearing,Basically for certain country which has high rate for acceptance %80 such as Iraq,Syria and Eritrea.

http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/NewsNouv/NewNou/Pages/RPD-SPR-process.aspx

Jun 26, 2017
My first hearing was postponed for administrative hearing. I do not have a date till now and it is now 6 months waiting. Anybody know what to do?